How does a new hobbyist get "established" or screened?

Hi folks, new here and new to the hobby.

I hope you can forgive me for being so vague. This is something I stumbled on last night after a couple a glasses of wine.

So, I'm on this site, browsing providers. One lady stated that for new clients, she would need my ECCIE handle, and there was something else she told me to do, but I can't remember what (register on 411 or something like that?)

Anyway, I don't mind giving my handle to a provider, but what I don't understand; what does that do for her?

This post here is litteraly my first post. I'm not sure there's a whole lot she can glean from me in this one post. With the passage of time, I'll post more of course, but still.

So, is there anything I need to do on my end that will make me more preferable to would be providers?

Thanks.
411 is short for Preferred411 or P411 which is another hobby site which has a screening process. Visit the site and read about it on this site. There are several threads here.
New to the hobby is somewhat like....Which comes first the chicken or the egg.
Research is your friend. Spend some time reading the various posts and threads. Research provider profiles and search for a provider who is Newbie Friendly.
Good Luck!
I cheated. Was seeing a lady that was being recruited to join ASPD(now gone site). She asked me ta join. I got her to join icky on ASPD's death.
She want all ta know she is sorry for asking me ta join a SHMB
something about being a trouble maker that posts to much
The OP should do a simple SEARCH. There are thousands of threads just like this one where the OP is too lazy to do some work. The next thing he will be post would be who should he see.
Become one with the taint.

Ok pyramider, why am I delivering your jokes. Ignoring they are bad jokes, are you slipping or becoming forgetful?

The real answer is similar to offshoredrilling's, two diff gals that I had been seeing for a while both asked me to join and write reviews (ads) for them. I have had long term established references for quite a while
The OP should do a simple SEARCH. There are thousands of threads just like this one where the OP is too lazy to do some work. The next thing he will be post would be who should he see. Originally Posted by pyramider
mmmmm any VP whore errr ops provider will do
You can join p411, but bring your CC. Or you can join in on the fun, participate in the forums, provide meaningful information to the group for free.

There are newby friendly providers. Search the provider forums. There will be additional screening information required. Start early, be respecfull, and select well reviewed providers who are newby friendly. At the end of the session ask if you can use them as a reference. Leave a review.

It's very easy to develope an online presence that will allow you to see most providers in a short period of time.
You can join p411, but bring your CC. Or you can join in on the fun, participate in the forums, provide meaningful information to the group for free.

There are newby friendly providers. Search the provider forums. There will be additional screening information required. Start early, be respecfull, and select well reviewed providers who are newby friendly. At the end of the session ask if you can use them as a reference. Leave a review.

It's very easy to develope an online presence that will allow you to see most providers in a short period of time.
If you are a true hobbyist, find a couple of ladies in your area that are newbie friendly. Of course they will screen you, probably through a variety of methods up into including work verification etc etc. It's best to talk in person to the lady on the phone that you are trying to see and then you guys can take it from there. Some ladies will not see new guys unless they are already verified by some reputable providers with good reviews. I suggest if a lady you want to see ask you to do something, then you should go ahead and do it the way she wants it that way you can get your foot in the door. I see you are in Dallas, there's a lady on here Sherry of DFW that sees new clients all the time. You might try to contact her, and if she sees you which I'm sure she probably will with some light verification that will at least get your foot in the door she has hundreds of reviews, and most guys especially new guys go see her just for the reference.

Good luck,
M.M
Thanks for the responses guys.