Rush Slimebaugh says the GOP is "irrelevant."

From Politico:

Rush Limbaugh: GOP ‘so irrelevant’

By MACKENZIE WEINGER | 10/16/13 2:25 PM EDT

Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday blasted the Republican Party as “irrelevant” and responsible for “creating one of the greatest political disasters” he’s ever seen.

“I was trying to think earlier today, if ever in my life I could remember any major political party being so irrelevant,” the conservative radio host said on his show, according to a transcript. “I have never seen it. I have never seen a major political party simply occupy placeholders, as the Republican Party is doing.”

Limbaugh slammed the Republican Party for consistently failing to offer any “serious opposition” to the Democratic Party or President Barack Obama. And now the party has made an “inexplicable political cave-in” with the agreement to reopen the government and lift the debt ceiling, he said.

“There hasn’t been any opposition, not any serious opposition,” Limbaugh said.

“There may have been votes against this or that, votes against Obamacare. There may have been votes against the stimulus, but in terms of a package of policies, a package of principled beliefs, of opposition expressed daily by party leaders against what’s happening in this country, there hasn’t been.”
Hey now . .get off his ass! Man knows "irrelevant"!
Hey now . .get off his ass! Man knows "irrelevant"! Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
Excellent point!
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 05:29 PM
snick
The rino's are irrelevant. Christianity is dying rapidly, prohibition is being overturned by the people, no one believes in imprisoning citizens for victimless crimes, no one wants to go to war despite mass killing by chemical weapons, pro-life is as dead as the babies in an abortion, and in the end they always side with the dems on spending. So what is left for a so-called repub? Time for them to blend in with the dems and get out of the way.
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 05:41 PM
The rino's are irrelevant. Christianity is dying rapidly, prohibition is being overturned by the people, no one believes in imprisoning citizens for victimless crimes, no one wants to go to war despite mass killing by chemical weapons, pro-life is as dead as the babies in an abortion, and in the end they always side with the dems on spending. So what is left for a so-called repub? Time for them to blend in with the dems and get out of the way. Originally Posted by nwarounder

:mf_laughbounc e:

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

there's crust on bread too
Wingers eating their own...Zombies?
Wingers eating their own...Zombies? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Don't ya just love it?
That is what happens when the party's policy comes down to one word No.
The GOP IS irrelevant. So are the Democrats. The only ones who count are the corporate sponsors of both parties. Or do you still have that childlike, naive notion that government cares about you?

• Old-T
  • 10-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Limbaugh slammed the Republican Party for consistently failing to offer any “serious opposition” to the Democratic Party or President Barack Obama. Originally Posted by bigtex
That is the most concise statement of what is wrong with the idiots in charge, especially but not exclusively among the WERFs: they see it as a game. They see their task as to "oppose" rather than what it should be, to provide some "serious alternatives".

Mindless "stop anything that doesn't benefit ME" is not a serious alternative. Returning to a failed medical system is not a serious alternative. Reducing taxes on the top bracket people by itself is not a serious alternative.

When he was first on radio (or at least when I first heard him) he was a loud mouthed conservative who had a bit of humor and would make some decent arguments at times. Now he is a loudmouthed buffoon who waddles in the studio, throws temper tantrums, and regurgitated what his handlers tell him to say.
Rush Slimebaugh. That shit is funny....I laughed out loud.
Rush Slimebaugh. That shit is funny....I laughed out loud. Originally Posted by timpage
Rush Slimebaugh is appropriate, isn't it?

Almost as much as Trendy Trendaway.
Rush Slimebaugh is appropriate, isn't it?

Almost as much as Trendy Trendaway. Originally Posted by bigtex
It is not only appropriate, it is spot-on accurate. The irony of a fat, drug-addled shitbag being the standard-bearer for the right-wing whackos has always seemed oddly appropriate.
It is not only appropriate, it is spot-on accurate. The irony of a fat, drug-addled shitbag being the standard-bearer for the right-wing whackos has always seemed oddly appropriate. Originally Posted by timpage
And now for the big question of the day, does the Rush Slimebaugh name top Hanoi COG?