What does your signature line signify?

I often wonder why I quote some philosopher with nothing original added to the original text with some sort of personal insight, is this an implication of intellectualism. Just a weak attempt to replace original thought with another person’s dictation. It is always easier to quote some dead philosopher such as Nietzsche, Descartes, Kierkegaard or another writer rather than to speak for yourself.

What my signature line implies, "Nosce te ipsum, es te ipsum, Know thyself, be thyself, Tibi ipsi esto fidelis, To thyself be true”. In my case, this is a path to self-knowledge, to pursue what I really want, unafraid. To let others know who I am while learning my new and unique foibles, which give us our individual character. I will always speak up for myself and stop living my life by what I think others want me to do and pursue my own path to happiness. There is of course more depth to it but this is just the synopsis.
You don't have a signature line.
it's in the post
Mine is pretty clear.
I like positive and motivational quotes. There is nothing you can say that probably has not been said before. The only one that really cares how smart and original that you are is you.
  • Vyt
  • 03-02-2011, 08:28 PM
My signature line tells you everything about me you need to know.
LOL @ VYT. Mine is is nothing special...unless your wanting to get in touch with me
Every once in a while I will put a quote in my sig line to reflect my mood.
Mine says ______________ , but I wouldn't read too much into it.
I usually have "Kat's Kredo: The hobby is an investment in your time & money and my time & reputation." I guess when I slowed down on my path to moving UTR for a bigger civvie future, I thought I should take it down. *shrugs* It merely reflects my philosophy surrounding the part that accountability and integrity play in any successful business - in an artfully vague way.
mine says I like 'South Park' and Eric Cartman
Austinkboy, The second is original, you? I do understand.
Mine says I'm pretentious because I can quote a dead philosopher - who would quote a live one, anyway?
Austinkboy, The second is original, you? I do understand. Originally Posted by 1kewlkat
All three are related. I explained in more detail, but thought better of it. I am going to let them stand on their own. Sorry about the vague response.