Thinner people in South Austin?

I'm wondering if it's just me or not. But it seems like people are thinner in south Austin compared to north Austin. And it doesn't even seem to be a matter or income, race/ethnicity or even age.

If you look at each of those groups, south Austin has the thinner population. I've lived in both North Austin and South Austin apartment complexes. And its there that the comparisons are most notable.

Maybe its an affect of surroundings and most people tend to adapt in certain ways based in their surroundings. I for one tend to bulk up when I lived in north Austin, and slim down when I lived in south Austin.

Anyone see this difference too.?
Hmmm that's interesting observation. I haven't lived south in a long time. Maybe its because you have to walk more being downtown/south and probably closer to events, just as marathons and cycling competitions. Plus, closer to zilker and other trails. Being in Round Rock/Georgetown area, have to drive a distance to get to some good trails.
The further south you go, the faster the earth moves, so centrifugal force is higher, counteracting the force of gravity a bit. People get a little bit taller, so they look thinner.

It's sort of like how homeopathy and astrology works.
The further south you go, the faster the earth moves, so centrifugal force is higher, counteracting the force of gravity a bit. People get a little bit taller, so they look thinner. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I dis-agree. I am in South Austin, and I've gained weight since moving here from Aspen last year.
The further south you go, the faster the earth moves, so centrifugal force is higher, counteracting the force of gravity a bit. People get a little bit taller, so they look thinner.

It's sort of like how homeopathy and astrology works. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
Oh No! Does that mean I get shorter the further north I go? Now I'm never leaving south Austin!
I dis-agree. I am in South Austin, and I've gained weight since moving here from Aspen last year. Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
The higher altitude at Aspen also causes your rotational speed to increase, which makes you lighter. You're also further from the earth's center, which reduces gravity a bit.

Also, the higher humidity and higher atmospheric pressure here causes you to soak up more water. You gain some weight, but water weight doesn't count.
Well its a little known and well kept secret that living East of Austin makes your dick grow bigger.
Well I know there's a HUGH difference between the HEB in Hutto and the HEB on South Lamar. Good luck not getting run over by a fat couple on scooters in the HEB scooter.
And yet you still can't see it.
HUGH difference Originally Posted by pappideaux
I'd buy that. Lots of tech companies up north, cube dwellers working long hours and chugging Mountain Dew tend to get a little round.

Folks down south are more the student/recent grads around there, who probably don't earn enough to get fat
I'd buy that. Lots of tech companies up north, cube dwellers working long hours and chugging Mountain Dew tend to get a little round.

Folks down south are more the student/recent grads around there, who probably don't earn enough to get fat Originally Posted by whosaidthat
Lol you should see me. Cube dweller tech guy that drinks 2-4 mtn dew a day. I weigh 125 on a day I eat for three of me.