broken laptop screen

Does anyone here know how to fix a broken laptop screen ? Was walking up stairs and on computer at same time and stepped on cord and down I went lol I have to get it fixed since its my brothers computer laptop he borrowed me so I have two so one can be taken around with me if I am not in room, I dont want to upset him so trying to get it fixed with out him finding out.

I DID find a store but wanted to check here first
Alright.
Who had "falling down stairs"
In the shayla "accident poll"?
We love you Shayla, but you should have taken Scarlett's bubble wrap advice to heart. =)
Sexy Shayla fell on the stairs
Sexy Shayla broke bros computer wares
All the eccie hoes'es and and all the white knight men
Couldn't put the laptop together again

Seriously babe, your best option at this point is to buy an identical computer off EBAY and swap out the Hard Drive.

P.S. I really wanted to write a poem about smectic liquid crystals and polystyrene foam.
I ran out of time and decided to share this link instead in an attempt to cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_9oLmTFBk
well good thing is I didnt get hurt I just cracked the hell out of his stuff and he does all his online school work on this shit ..... found someone on lamar that will be around 120 -140 to fix and they have most the parts the there so hopefully
It's actually pretty easy to fix. I have a friend who broke the screen on one of my laptops in a similar manner (she's a sweetheart, but boy is she clumsy). I just ordered the replacement part and swapped them out. The whole operation took less than an hour. There are a lot of little screws, but as long as you go slow and keep everything organized I think anyone can do it.

The thing is you have to get a replacement screen, which most likely means ordering it from somewhere and waiting for it to be delivered. So if you have to do this before you head back to IA you may not have time.

A new screen is probably around $80 or $100, so if someone is willing to do it for $120, I'd say go for it. Be careful, though, as there are different levels of quality, and a replacement screen might look shitty. If the repair person puts in a screen with a lower resolution or poorer color your brother might notice it right away.
its a store on south lamar and they said they have screens on site and only once in a year did they have to send out for a screen so let see how my luck will be lol and my brothers 17 so hopefully he wont notice hes doing online classes cause he was just accepted to the STL college hockey team and hes moving there, so I HAVE TO get it fixed
It's actually pretty easy to fix. I have a friend who broke the screen on one of my laptops in a similar manner (she's a sweetheart, but boy is she clumsy). I just ordered the replacement part and swapped them out. The whole operation took less than an hour. There are a lot of little screws, but as long as you go slow and keep everything organized I think anyone can do it.

The thing is you have to get a replacement screen, which most likely means ordering it from somewhere and waiting for it to be delivered. So if you have to do this before you head back to IA you may not have time.

A new screen is probably around $80 or $100, so if someone is willing to do it for $120, I'd say go for it. Be careful, though, as there are different levels of quality, and a replacement screen might look shitty. If the repair person puts in a screen with a lower resolution or poorer color your brother might notice it right away. Originally Posted by CatPee

Catpee let's get together for some Little Friskies.
OK?
So were you able to get it fixed Shayla? If not, then Mr. Peabody has some great advice.
Pm me cause I may have a screen in stock that will work.
Shit Mr. Peabody, I just blew coffee all over my screen while reading your poem. Thanks a lot.
Upwards of 140 is still better than what I have to pay to get my screen fixed lol .... with tax I'm looking at almost 190 with tax.
  • dantx
  • 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM
what is the make and model... I can give you a pretty good quote on how much it would take to fix.
Yes I got it fixed took it to some guy and he fixed it, but now it keeps friggin freezing and the wifi disappears and says I need to hook it up to an ethernet which it has wifi so I have to turn it off and turn it back on and then its fine.
All he supposedly did was fix the darn screen dont know why now everythings fucking up errrrrrr...