Paranoia Strikes Deep...from Shakespeare to The Buffalo Springfield

A little something from Billy the Bard for all you right foul-line hugging paranoiacs:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

(BTW, you guys in the righty-tighties, cup of tea in hand whose faces now bear the look of surprise instead of all-unknowing arrogant scorn are the ones in BOLD)

I know you're struggling with your President's recent action and many of you have been seen writhing on the floor and foaming at the mouth whilst struggling to resolve how actual concrete actions refuse to square themselves with what the Foxies have convinced you as true, when it was all along merely conventional wisdom.

Hmmmm, I guess it just shows-to-go-ya just how "Paranoia Strikes Deep..." (finish the verse yourself, if you don't know it, you should - it's your theme song...heh heh heh).
Do you understand what Macbeth meant by this as he said it upon hearing of his wife's death and reflecting on the foolish decisions he had made as a result of her manipulation of him?

What point are you trying to make?

It seems like a bit of a stretch for a simple debate of right vs. left in politics.
^^^ Life screwed up by a woman, hmmm, might be a good topic for a SHMB^^^
All these folks bitching about Obama remind me of a great quote from H.L. Mencken:

Before a man speaks it is always safe to assume that he is a fool. After he speaks, it is seldom necessary to assume it.

How long will it take do you think before the White House settles on their story of what happened?

And gosh, Hillary has allergies too.

And if Bush and company hadn't done the work they did this wouldn't have happened.
  • Doove
  • 05-05-2011, 04:33 PM
How long will it take do you think before the White House settles on their story of what happened? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
None of the inaccurate reports seem to be any more heroic than the follow up corrected reports, so this ain't no Jessica Lynch or Pat Tillman crap at play. Fog of war, MA, fog of war.

And gosh, Hillary has allergies too.
And when i read mocking comments such as this, it reminds me of TTH's quote.

And if Bush and company hadn't done the work they did this wouldn't have happened.
Yeah, like....if Bush had gotten him at Tora Bora like he should have, this wouldn't have happened. So you're right.
None of the inaccurate reports seem to be any more heroic than the follow up corrected reports, so this ain't no Jessica Lynch or Pat Tillman crap at play. Fog of war, MA, fog of war. No argument there.

And when i read mocking comments such as this, it reminds me of TTH's quote. Not in this case. In my mind. LOL.

Yeah, like....if Bush had gotten him at Tora Bora like he should have, this wouldn't have happened. So you're right. Originally Posted by Doove
And Clinton could have gotten him before that but he was too interested in his golf game.
  • Doove
  • 05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
And Clinton could have gotten him before that but he was too interested in his golf game.
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Actually, he was probably too interested in his being impeached over some Republican idiocy which distracted the country from more important matters. Much like the birther nonsense.

Nevertheless, for the vast majority of Clinton's term, Bin Laden was little more than a two-bit nobody of a terrorist. Even a terrorist-wannabe. No real pressing need or rationale for spending much time or effort in going after him. So with that, the Republican criticism that "Clinton had 8 years to get Bin Laden" looks pretty silly now when "Bush had 8 years to get Bin Laden after Bin Laden killed over 3000 people".
At least he's dead. It would have been nice to interrogate him in a secret jail somewhere for awhile though.
I'll take the HDDs, the thumb drives, the computers plus whatever papers we hauled out of there instead. Don't have to waste time using "enhanced" methods or any interrogation methods at all. Instead, just skip to the step of analizing the info. We'll probably never know it (hope we don't) but I'm hoping for a few hundred++ quiet funerals in the coming months. It's gotta suck to know you are on some of UBL's correspondence...heh heh heh.

He's gone.....NEXT!!!!!

I'm sure there were a lot of family members in OKC who would like to have had a little quality time with Tim McVeigh, a cheese grater and some rubbing alcohol, but 'twas not to be. That two-bit circus was nothing compared to what would happen if we had fu*ked up the mission and captured UBL.
And Clinton could have gotten him before that but he was too interested in his golf game. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

Can't a guy get a BBBJ around here to relieve a little STRESS, anymore?!? Or, as Johnny Carson once said to either Jack or Arnie, "I bet that put a little pucker in your putter."
Can't a guy get a BBBJ around here to relieve a little STRESS, anymore?!? Or, as Johnny Carson once said to either Jack or Arnie, "I bet that put a little pucker in your putter." Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/kissballs.asp
Thanks, peej, it was so long ago I'm sure it was in black and white. The "k-the-b" joke is an ancient one, but the "flutter in your putter" is what made it...lol...even if I remembered it as "pucker." Just shows to go ya that there's good things that can come out of working on your game...hee hee.
None of the inaccurate reports seem to be any more heroic than the follow up corrected reports, so this ain't no Jessica Lynch or Pat Tillman crap at play. Fog of war, MA, fog of war.

And when i read mocking comments such as this, it reminds me of TTH's quote.

Yeah, like....if Bush had gotten him at Tora Bora like he should have, this wouldn't have happened. So you're right. Originally Posted by Doove

Fog of ignorance! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!