Non-Refundable Deposit

Ladies have you ever done or thought about getting a non-refundable deposit if you're traveling a long distance to tour? To me it would make sense to ask for the non-refundable deposit to cover your expenses of traveling. Granted I wouldn't take any deposits until you had enough pre-bookings to make it worth your while in traveling there. This would also help out the ladies to make a better decision on where to tour.

Guys would you do a non-refundable deposit to see a certain lady if they where touring your area? Some guys are always trying to get ladies to come tour there city, then they either cancel or don't call them once they're there. Granted all this would only be possible if the ladies didn't try to run a scam saying there coming to your city or say they're there but really sitting at home watching TV and eating Cheetos!
Anything non refundable normally leads me to believe it's a scam so I don't call them.
This is what I was doing. Asking for half the sessions rate as a deposit, but as stated, most guys think it's a scam and don't oblige. This is exactly why I don't travel much. I simply can't afford to go far from home and run the risk of my calls canceling and leaving me with all the expenses.
I only ask for deposits on 2 hr + sessions, overnights and trips with clients. The deposit is put towards the session fee. Now, he if cancels.....that's a different story and its also based upon the length of time he wanted me for and what kind of notice did he give me.

When you tour, you're taking a risk. I would never ask a guy to give me a deposit in order for me to travel to his city. That's why you start posting in that certain area's forum, start throwing out feeler ads and make nice with the natives.
That's why you start posting in that certain area's forum, start throwing out feeler ads and make nice with the natives. Originally Posted by MsElena
Smart woman!
I wouldn't do a deposit. I've only cancelled on a provider one time in my life, and I paid her full rate as I respected her time. What I wouldn't do is book through a credit card or anything else that could easily identify me some time in the future. I prefer cash.
I only collect deposits for clock free or overnight engagements. Other than that - I believe it's a waste of time. I know if I put out an ad a few weeks to a month before I'm in the area - I will book up. I've never had problem making money on tour. I once considered collecting deposits but I see how it could be a pain in the ass keeping track and refunding. Yes I said refunding - I believe making the deposits non-refundable would be a BIG scam. I can see how that alone would cause problems.
I had to start asking for deposits from gentlemen I don't already know to reserve dinner dates and overnights booked on major holidays, because I've been left sitting all dressed up with nowhere to go on New Year's, St. Paddy's, and Halloween. (Not the way I want to be "stiffed," ya know.) That can be deflating to a lady's ego.

I ask for a down payment on extended blocks of time for companion travel with individuals because I usually have bills - and a chihuahua sitter - to prepay while I'm gone. Evidently reasonable enough, since no one has objected so far.

I haven't visited many other cities independently because most fellows won't send deposits, understandably. But like Calista, I don't want to be stuck paying for a trip that puts me in the hole if gentlemen cancel or NSNC, which did happen on my last, and final tour, 3 years ago. I would think that well-known providers would be more trustworthy on this issue, however, and that gentlemen might then be more to send deposits through, say, Paypal, but there we have the tracking issue Soonerman brought up.
When I leave deposits (CIM, COF, COB), it's non-refundable. I don't want it back.

Seriously, I'm OK with deposits. If she cancels, it should be refunded (I suppose applied to a future session would be OK). If I cancel, I wouldn't expect it back.
When I leave deposits (CIM, COF, COB), it's non-refundable. I don't want it back.

Seriously, I'm OK with deposits. If she cancels, it should be refunded (I suppose applied to a future session would be OK). If I cancel, I wouldn't expect it back. Originally Posted by emptywallet

I only require deposits when someone is requesting for me to get a location, travel out of state, and multi-hour dates just to insure that my friend is serious about our meeting before I clear my schedule to accommodate him. Anything less than that isn't really a big enough deal for me to require a deposit.
  • LynnT
  • 03-05-2012, 01:08 PM

I only require deposits when someone is requesting for me to get a location, travel out of state, and multi-hour dates just to insure that my friend is serious about our meeting before I clear my schedule to accommodate him. Anything less than that isn't really a big enough deal for me to require a deposit. Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou
Im along these lines.. I call it a retainer though.. you are retaining my service.. its a non refundable retainer. And actually I never have because if I already trust them enough to actually travel to them or book the overnight Im not worried about getting "stiffed". I wouldn't travel like that or do an overnight without knowing enough about them if you know what I mean.. let alone I make enough at home to not travel like that for money.. I'll just take my own trip.
What is this "deposit" word y'all keep throwing around...never heard it here before...
I've seen a lot of ads from fairly well known ladies who require half down in order to travel or for extended engagements. I really don't care what you call it, deposit, down payment, non refundable fee, retainer, whatever, it's all the same thing: money up front in case the meeting never takes place.

I'm more inclined to spend consecutive daily 1 hour or 90 minute sessions with ladies rather than overnights, weekends clock free or otherwise. I'll pop basically once (maybe twice) a day, and I don't think it is very frugal to pay for 10 hours of no action. Now, the lady may like that kind of income, but with my personality, it would probably be a toss-up to her whether or not it was worth while spending that kind of time with me.
I never require a deposit for touring, but I do require them if you want me to come to your city ONLY to see you. I don't require them for overnights, but I do for 24+ hour visits.
I never require a deposit for touring, but I do require them if you want me to come to your city ONLY to see you. I don't require them for overnights, but I do for 24+ hour visits. Originally Posted by Missy Mariposa
Yeah, but the cancellation policy makes up for it. ijs