A Forum Just For Stickies

In the Main Discussion - National Forum, there are currently 8 stickies. So the first 8 threads will never change. And they keep being added. So, eventually, I can see that the whole first page to the National Forum will be comprised solely of stickies.

Instead of doing that, why not make a Forum for just stickies? Move the stickies from all forums into the Stickie Forum.
Because the whole point of stickies is to make the information plainly visible at whatever forum they are for...

Granted, many stickies can be a pain, but that likely means we should audit those stickes...not move them somewhere less visible.
Maybe limit the number of stickies to 10 and put 20 (or sometimes more) per page. Always have the ones that show up dark blue on the first page no matter how many that is, hence the "or sometimes more" in my first sentence. But that might take reprogramming the forum. Perhaps have the stickies appear at the top of every page in it's one 'block' and have 'block' with 'normal threads' below it and thus not 'lose' more recent threats to the second page because of increased numbers of stickies.
I'm pretty much done with the superthreads at this point. The major topics are locked in and will eliminate a lot of clutter as time goes on. I definetly don't want a page full of stickies before you start seeing the regular threads...good point Chuck.
If people would have taken the hint and not started a thread on something that has been beaten to death then we wouldn't even have all these stickies
If people would have taken the hint and not started a thread on something that has been beaten to death then we wouldn't even have all these stickies Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
If people would have taken the hint and not started a thread on something that has been beaten to death then we wouldn't even have all these stickies Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
That's what I assumed the reasoning behind the stickies was.
For some people, every day is a new day; every place is a new place, and every thread is a new topic...

Just sayin'

Huck
For some people, every day is a new day; every place is a new place, and every thread is a new topic...

Just sayin'

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry
Exactly Huck. And those topics are gathered right up top for everyone to see and discuss as much as they want. None of them are locked.

Just sayin'

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry
That's why they created the "search" button....
Yea seriously! It's really not our problem to do a newbie's job for them. They can ask that crap in their state forums.
  • Mokoa
  • 11-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Grouping stickies in their own forum would defeat their intended purpose.

A stickie thread's intent is important to the location where it is posted and to move it would be counterproductive to its intent.

They need to remain where they are.