roots. the reboot. who's watching .. any why?

i've been watching this with some interest. why? to see how they portray the real nature of slavery. in the first episode, to my surprise, in this politically correct day, they actually stated slavery existed before one European white man ever found Africa. it was only the first ten minutes .. but it was important nonetheless.

slavery had existed in Africa for hundreds of years before the first white dude ever sailed there. it began with the tribal warfare that still causes death in Africa today. and there's no white man to blame today, is there? hmm.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should be made to watch the first 10 minutes of Roots like this .. until they get it ..

i've been watching this with some interest. why? to see how they portray the real nature of slavery. in the first episode, to my surprise, in this politically correct day, they actually stated slavery existed before one European white man ever found Africa. it was only the first ten minutes .. but it was important nonetheless.

slavery had existed in Africa for hundreds of years before the first white dude ever sailed there. it began with the tribal warfare that still causes death in Africa today. and there's no white man to blame today, is there? hmm.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should be made to watch the first 10 minutes of Roots like this .. until they get it ..

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
There was a news story today saying how the thug-turned-rapper-turned-media darling Snoop Dog has said that we should be focusing on " modern day " stories, not " Roots " . Not " da troof " of how slavery isn't a " white man's " invention !
There was a news story today saying how the thug-turned-rapper-turned-media darling Snoop Dog has said that we should be focusing on " modern day " stories, not " Roots " . Not " da troof " of how slavery isn't a " white man's " invention ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
i like snoop. not his music, i like his love of money. and he knows the truth ..

• Old-T
  • 06-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Snoop is being absurd.Being aware of what you think is wrong today in no way means we should not also know what came before. Why, and how they may be related. Didn't George Santayana make some pithy comment about that?

Similarly, because there was slavery in Africa, Arabia, Korea, and many other places before 1620, that does not make slavery in the US any less despicable. Just as the slavery in America pre 1865 does not excuse the current slavery in Thailand, Africa, and many other places. This is not grading on a curve.
Snoop is being absurd.Being aware of what you think is wrong today in no way means we should not also know what came before. Why, and how they may be related. Didn't George Santayana make some pithy comment about that?

Similarly, because there was slavery in Africa, Arabia, Korea, and many other places before 1620, that does not make slavery in the US any less despicable. Just as the slavery in America pre 1865 does not excuse the current slavery in Thailand, Africa, and many other places. This is not grading on a curve.
Originally Posted by Old-T
it makes it a world problem a humanity problem. not a US or white problem. that's the point ..

it's all despicable but it's still human nature, until we shed this mentality .. nothing will change.

Well, the Tranny Fuckee and IIFFOFRDB are DVR'ing every episode.

They are going to play it backwards later so it has a happy ending.

They are going to play it backwards later so it has a happy ending. Originally Posted by Revenant
Does EKIM own a DVR ? Or does he borrow the neighbor's ?
Does EKIM own a DVR ? Or does he borrow the neighbor's ? Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
EKIM isn't in the modern world. he owns a VCR ahahahahaa

• DSK
  • 06-02-2016, 09:37 PM

They are going to play it backwards later so it has a happy ending. Originally Posted by Revenant
I've always loved that old line.

In reality, I think Marcus Garvey had the right idea, as I hope you agree.
  • Old-T
  • 06-03-2016, 04:13 AM
it makes it a world problem a humanity problem. not a US or white problem. that's the point ..

it's all despicable but it's still human nature, until we shed this mentality .. nothing will change.

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

We are saying the same thing on this one.
The original Roots will be hard to beat.

I am Taping this one to watch it all the way through.
Fascinating how a dumb as fuck Yankee jackass using the handle "Revenant" -- a title popularly associated with a known slave trader: Hugh Glass -- wants to lyingly disparage someone else over the issue of slavery.

FYI, you supercilious Yankee jackass, you can suck on all the "Roots" you want to by yourself. Didn't watch the first one, and do not intend to watch the second one. Did read Olaudah Equiano's autobiography. What books on this subject has your supercilious Yankee ass read, jackass?

If your dumb ass could read, and understand, perhaps then you could comprehend what Olaudah Equiano wrote in his autobiography, The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African, and understand what Equiano meant when he wrote that he was enslaved by other Africans before he ever saw a white man, and that it was a white man who educated him and taught him to read and clerk, you supercilious Yankee jackass.
im sort of tired of this genre

its feeds too many pathologies

its a constant drum beat of those who wish to feel oppressed and have a reason for their own failures, hatreds and racisms or feel superior or heroic as if they overcame when none of this ever happened to them

sort of like the "oppressed" son of the black millionaire at the university of Missouri

assimilation and Americanism and any person being born white they seem to claim is the oppression
Ahem...wasn't IBIdiot a consultant on the project?

He sure seems to have quite the emotional investment in this celebration of the human spirit. Not to mention a lifetime of bitterness over the program's "happy ending."

(Easy pickings...)
Ahem...wasn't IBIdiot a consultant on the project?

He sure seems to have quite the emotional investment in this celebration of the human spirit. Not to mention a lifetime of bitterness over the program's "happy ending."

(Easy pickings...)

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hasa Diga, you Mussulman-luvin, Hitler worshipping, lying, hypocritical, racist, cum-gobbling golem fucktard, HDDB, DEM.