Davey Jones

Damn, I just heard that Davey Jones died today.

I'm pretty sure Maureen McCormick is really broken up about it too.

He was one of the best singers

Wow, he was just one year older than me.

Many of my generation, (who were around when all of this happenned), had a love-hate relationship with the Monkeys. You hated the entire concept of a "band" put together souly for the purpose of producing a TV sitcom. For years, most just assumed that none of them could actually sing, or play a lick. As an aspiring guitarist myself back then, I can remember watching the show to see if any of the motions that Tork and Nesbeth made on the necks of their guitars went with the song. It was all fake.

But they did get better, in fact, all but Davy Jones turned into pretty decent instrumentalist. The love part came in when you caught yourself actually enjoying the music, if in private.

One misconception is most think of Davy Jones as the "Lead Singer", when in fact, it was Mickey Dolenz who gave the Monkeys their signature sound on "Last Train To Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer".
I wonder if the people who die on a leap day complain as much as the people born on one.
Viya Con Dios.....Davy Jones
Way too young to die.

He was a very nice person.

It makes me feel old.

Very sad indeed.
Love the Monkees.. highly underrated. Before my time a little but alot of what I like is.
Blessed Be Davey.
The Monkees actually never intended to become a singing group but they were great it