Our first 2012 Prez Poll

All in all, I think the issue is still floating around because some people want to believe it. It gets fostered by the fact that the "birth certificate" produced doesn't really look like a birth certificate I've ever seen. But maybe that's just what Hawaii's certificates look like.

If you look at my birth certificate, it appears to be a photocopy of an original document signed contemporaneuosly at the time of my birth. That's not what his looks like. I might have, in a file somewhere that my mama set aside, one of those other kind of certificates that even has the little feet stamps in the corner. But I'd be hard pressed to find it. I've seen my county certificate though...and it looks like a photocopy, with the signatures on it from whomever signed it on the day of my birth.

If I needed a copy of my birth certificate, I'd go to the county of my birth, and pay the certified copy fee, and get one. I'm guessing that is what they did to get the one shown. I have to admit though, that the one shown by OB does not look like a contemporaneuos document at the time of his birth...it looks like a certification, produced today, of the birth records. But that may be be all they have. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
From FactCheck.Org (see my above post for the link):
The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: "your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records." The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.
It's a scam as old as the hills; get a couple of corrupt Hawaiian bureacrats (i.e. Democrats) to make a fake.

Where is his 1st grade teacher talking about remembering him in class?

Or, how about a neighbor that remembers him playing in the hood? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Far as I'm concerned, you can remain a birther wingnut. As I said before, anyone in that camp is going to stay there no matter what the evidence to the contrary.

Even if I produced the 2st grade teacher, other kids in the hood, the elementary school year book, etc., ad infinitum, your opinion would not change.

So, just to take a different tack on things...how do you propose to get around IBH's argument?
Name calling ("Birther") really shows a level of childish stupidity.

But that is how the liberals roll; they always go for character assasination.
It's a scam as old as the hills; get a couple of corrupt Hawaiian bureacrats (i.e. Democrats) to make a fake.

Where is his 1st grade teacher talking about remembering him in class?

Or, how about a neighbor that remembers him playing in the hood? Originally Posted by Whirlaway
*sigh*

Birthers are too vague. You should state what you really think.

I can only assume your questioning of his childhood and birth location means you are also denying that his mother was a U.S. Citizen, because that fact grants him natural born status alone.
Sigh.............

Assume what you want.
No way man. The 14th amendment does not say that dude.

Just because a woman gives birth here. Dose not mean her child is a citizen.

Just because a woman gives birth here. Dose not mean her child is a citizen. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
So far it does...
I do not agree.
  • Doove
  • 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Sigh.............

Assume what you want. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Because that's what you do. Birther.
Back on topic people.

Just because a woman gives birth here. Dose not mean her child is a citizen. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
So far it does... Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I do not agree. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Back on topic people. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Who's the pot here?

Anyway, I still think Canada would be an option if those are the only two candidates.
  • Doove
  • 04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Back on topic people. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Who's the pot here? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I wish i was a mod....so i could, when getting my butt kicked in an argument, just tell everyone to get back on topic.
I wish i was a mod....so i could, when getting my butt kicked in an argument, just tell everyone to get back on topic. Originally Posted by Doove
Reality sucks, huh?
The poll has run its course. Birther or not, looks like the Donald gets the nod over the Barack. Actually, drinking yourself silly till 2016 beat Obama. What does that tell you? Well at a minimum, I guess it means that as a whole this group uses different glasses than our boy Doove.

I guess its time to move on.
And as the OP noted this is now closed.