"Just call me Caitlyn" - Bruce Jenner/Vanity Fair article

https://www.yahoo.com/style/bruce-je...449155673.html

I'm not sure what to think about Bruce Jenner and I haven't read the article, yet. But this seems like a good forum to discuss drastic changes in self, right?

Thoughts?

Always,
Elisabeth
  • tzv13
  • 06-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I just skimmed the article. I really like this quote.

Jenner says, “If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life.’ ”

Good for her.
I suppose at this point he's simply a crossdresser as he's expressed that he's not gay. I'm uncertain at what point, if any, he'd be deemed a transsexual.
  • Sandy
  • 06-01-2015, 10:31 PM
I suppose at this point he's simply a crossdresser as he's expressed that he's not gay. I'm uncertain at what point, if any, he'd be deemed a transsexual. Originally Posted by txcwby6
He may not had been gay, but I have never met a man that went through this operation that didn't use his new vagina. I have a feeling that he will use it and not just with dildos either., it is only natural to want the real thing~
I suppose at this point he's simply a crossdresser as he's expressed that he's not gay. I'm uncertain at what point, if any, he'd be deemed a transsexual. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Wow I wouldn't know where to begin your ignorance is stunning.
!!
Ughhh. Bruce was not gay. Bruce likes women. Now Catlin likes women and I think she is absolutely beautiful as her new self or the self she's always been. Good for Caitlin. I hope she lives out the rest of her years in peace and how she feels the best.
i completely agree with scarlett on all her points. the next frontier in transgenderism is getting out the information that gender identity and sexual preference are two different things. kudos to caitlyn for living her life and hopefully creating more understanding and acceptance.
While I agree its great trangenderism is becoming more common I worry about the backlash from the ignorant. Personally I think its funny and sad that a FTM is fully well mostly accepted but a MTF is considered by some to be delusional,crazy,monster etc.....
Caitlyn is an odd choice though I think she looks more like a Kathrine that's just me more mature and sexy..
Personally I think its funny and sad that a FTM is fully well mostly accepted but a MTF is considered by some to be delusional,crazy,monster etc..... Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose
Really? Such as Chaz Bono?

I wonder if Caitlyn's 'man-hands' will be on display in the VF article.
Jenner is still a he................and I am certain if you saw Jenner (in full drag) at the local grocery store your opinion how he looks would be different.

Top image talent was employed to shoot the coming out of "Caitlyn"...........big money is at stake. The VF cover shot of Jenner isn't anything close to the real world Jenner.
  • R.M.
  • 06-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Really? Such as Chaz Bono?

I wonder if Caitlyn's 'man-hands' will be on display in the VF article. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Ah cb you know it's okay if you would like to become caitlynboy Man hands and all.
Ah cb you know it's okay if you would like to become caitlynboy Man hands and all. Originally Posted by R.M.
No, thancks - I don't need to concockt a way to goose the ratings for my family's cable TV surreality program.
When I read this yesterday, I was surprised at your statement.

!! Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose
I do think that there is a difference between ignorance, and misunderstanding.

While I agree its great trangenderism is becoming more common I worry about the backlash from the ignorant. Personally I think its funny and sad that a FTM is fully well mostly accepted but a MTF is considered by some to be delusional,crazy,monster etc.....
Caitlyn is an odd choice though I think she looks more like a Kathrine that's just me more mature and sexy.. Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose
I've never thought of a MTF as being that accepted. Much LESS, the other way around.

But you bring up some REALLY valid concerns. As an aside, I was surprised by the name, too. The name "Caitlyn" is relatively new. Not new, but 25 years ago, the name wasn't known at all.

I consider it a newer name. Katherine, yes, would have been a more elegant choice, for sure.
Unfortunately, some of the comments above reflect the reality of many public citizens (and even more "netizens") regarding gender identification. Both in acceptance and in condemnation or in pity, sympathy, empathy.

Just seems like the more famous a gender changer is the more accepted and "heroic" the changer is considered by more of the public, but still not totally accepted by all of the public (and likely never will be).

And, the more notorious changers, such as newly minted Chelsea Manning (formerly Bradley Manning) probably get more pity than condemnation regarding the gender change, and even the Feds have accepted the transformation in her/his instance by granting hormone therapy in prison. Other soldiers with "gender identity disorder" have also been granted treatment even as they stay on active duty positions.

But there is some hope fpor greater acceptance (or tolerance) on the horizon, especially with the U.S. Supreme Court's most recent decisions seem to be leaning well toward individual freedoms within religious, civil and criminal contexts.

Consider that the prevailing philosophy in many (certainly not all and depending on the individual state maybe none) public communities accepts (or at least tolerates) a child with "two mommies" or a child "two daddies."

For that matter, in some communities there well may be many men with two if not three wives (legally) who for the most part are Muslims who have legally immigrated to the U.S. Indeed, search carefully enough and you might locate some non-Muslims, mainly from African tribes and perhaps even some from South America.

No knowledge have I on how any of the above may be treated by U.S. taxing authorities, such as the IRS, regarding multiple dependents or by social welfare agencies.

Be interesting to see if and when state authorities will accept the Army's view of Manning now as a female, those state authorities will re-issue Manning a birth certificate showing female gender.
!! Originally Posted by Ts AmberRose
OK. Rather than pontificating and getting all thin-skinned defensive, how about you provide some constructive dialogue? If you can provide some enlightening insight offer it up.