Republicans Set To Lose Senate Control

According to The Huffington Post’s Senate model, which relies on the polls aggregated in HuffPost Pollster charts, there’s a 55 percent chance that the Senate will swing completely over ― and a 23 percent chance that it’s tied at 50 seats for each party. That means there’s a 78 percent chance that the Democratic Party could get 50 or more seats.

Source:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0b51733a3cda0
^ there is a God after all. Let's close this thing out Lord.
  • Tiny
  • 08-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Predictit.org, which I'd trust more because people there actually have skin in the game (it's a betting site) has the probability at 30% that Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. Given that 10 of the seats up for election are held by Democrats and 24 by Republicans, it was going to be a tough slog for the Republicans, even if Trump weren't the candidate.
Do you GURLS need to funnels or will you just wiggle the sand up your vages?

With the possible exception of Rand Paul, I can't think of an incumbent Senator from either side who deserves to be re-elected.
Well, Whiny, kicking the GOP out of the Senate WOULD go a long way toward your dream to "Make America Great Again."

Hahahahahahaa!!!
Do you GURLS need to funnels or will you just wiggle the sand up your vages?

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Judging from your signature line, SLOBBRIN, you're still in on Baboono's bet.

I wonder who else is?
  • Tiny
  • 08-22-2016, 02:09 PM
With the possible exception of Rand Paul, I can't think of an incumbent Senator from either side who deserves to be re-elected. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Jeff Flake and probably some others deserve to be re-elected too. You should consider that if Hillary's elected, and right now it looks like she will be, Republicans in Congress will be the only control on her doing exactly as she pleases.
Well, Whiny, kicking the GOP out of the Senate WOULD go a long way toward your dream to "Make America Great Again."

Hahahahahahaa!!! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yes, it would. Kicking out Democrats too would virtually guarantee it.
Republicans put themselves into this mess. I don't want Dems to gain control of the Senate but the GOP refusing to hold hearings or confirm a new Supreme Court justice was the last straw for me. Obama did the GOP a favor by nominating a VERY middle of the road candidate, and the GOP should have jumped at the chance. Now Hillary is going to get at least one, probably 2 picks during her Presidency, and you know they're going to be far more left than Garland.

Senate Republicans should have seen this coming, but instead they REALLY fucked it up.
Garland was a hardcore liberal. He'd be a disaster on the Court. The duty of the Senate is advice and consent. Their advice was obviously "Don't send us this guy". Obama fulfilled his duty, the Senate fulfilled theirs. We may not like it, but the Senate did not abuse its authority. I'd have preferred the Senate had held hearings, and voted him down, but it's an election year, and there are special interests to pander to.
Garland was a hardcore liberal. He'd be a disaster on the Court. The duty of the Senate is advice and consent. Their advice was obviously "Don't send us this guy". Obama fulfilled his duty, the Senate fulfilled theirs. We may not like it, but the Senate did not abuse its authority. I'd have preferred the Senate had held hearings, and voted him down, but it's an election year, and there are special interests to pander to. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
How do you know the Senate's advice was that? They never held a hearing?

So that would mean YOU'RE speaking for the US Senate; most of which you admittedly oppose.

What's wrong with THAT picture, Gripshit?

Republicans put themselves into this mess. I don't want Dems to gain control of the Senate but the GOP refusing to hold hearings or confirm a new Supreme Court justice was the last straw for me. Obama did the GOP a favor by nominating a VERY middle of the road candidate, and the GOP should have jumped at the chance. Now Hillary is going to get at least one, probably 2 picks during her Presidency, and you know they're going to be far more left than Garland.

Senate Republicans should have seen this coming, but instead they REALLY fucked it up. Originally Posted by RelaxationJunkie
I think the core of the Republicans are good people. That being said they have been pirated by first the Teabaggers and then Trump. They are being held hostage and just trying to survive at this point. I disagree with what they done, but I understand it.
How do you know the Senate's advice was that? They never held a hearing?

So that would mean YOU'RE speaking for the US Senate; most of which you admittedly oppose.

What's wrong with THAT picture, Gripshit?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
When they do nothing, it's usually the right thing for the country. It certainly was appropriate to keep Garland off the Court.
Garland was a hardcore liberal. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

When they do nothing, it's usually the right thing for the country. It certainly was appropriate to keep Garland off the Court. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Keep telling yourself that. Garland is a fucking moderate, and you're going to find out just what a hardcore liberal judge actually is when Hillary gets her way.

But as usual, the GOP seems to have finally gotten a wakeup call, and Garland may get his day after all.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...k-garland.html