After Katrina and now Sandy, no comments?

Many of the people here have had things to say (most of them wrong) about the aftermath of Katrina. I wonder why I haven't heard anything about Sandy? We have made a lot of jokes about how things must be getting back to normal but what do we really see? A lot of people with only the clothes on their backs, shivering in the cooling weather, and looking for either food, gasoline, shelter or all three. What would you do? What would you tell Obama, Christie and Bloomberg?

I would tell Obama to suspend the Bacon Act and bring in the US navy since this is the coast. Non-union relief would be welcome if it was legal. The amphib navy can provide fresh water, showers, food, shelter, and security (US Marines). The military can construct a bridge in a matter of hours and start bringing in supplies. It would be a glorious spectacular but Obama has never seen anything military he likes.

Christie can call out the national guard and start a military convey of supplies with tents, generators, vehicles to start clearing the wreckage.

Bloomberg can go to hell. Oh well, he can stop trying to promote NYC and start helping the people. By people I don't mean as a collective but as that young couple huddled under a blanket trying to stay warm and that old lady digging into a dumpster looking for her next meal.

You got anything constructive to add or will you be a worthless as Obama and just shoot your mouth off?
Think the ones involved need to request it .According to Brown he has responded too quickly..
It is a tragic scene...my heart goes out to the affected!!
  • Laz
  • 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I am surprised they are not using the militarymore than I have heard. While things like this are not their primary function, they clearly have resources and manpower that could help.

As for comparing this to Katrina I think it is a good example of how the media is biased. If Bush was still in power the media would be screaming about how he does not care and is incompetant. I don't necessarily think Obama deserves criticism over this but neither did Bush. In every massive problem there are always things you would have done better in hindsight.
Bush wasn't incompetent?