New to TX--Where's the Famous BBQ?

Transplant from Michigan and officially made the move to Texas at the end of last year. Where are some good spots for BBQ in Houston? So far have been disappointed by Rudys and a few others.
Rudy's is for tourists.
Pinkerton's is way overrated, haven't tried Truth yet but think it's probably over hyped as well.
Someone mentioned The Pit Room was pretty good.
Usually if I'm in the mood for BBQ I make it myself.
Shoulda known better about Rudys--it's a dang gas station! Will try some of these others. Any word on Feges in Spring? I heard theyre taking the world by storm.
welcome!
Ryans smokehouse in Webster!!!!
Luling City Market over on Richmond Ave near galleria area.
welcome!
Ryans smokehouse in Webster!!!! Originally Posted by DallasRain

Yes, tucked safely away a block from Old Galveston and Nasa Rd 1 is this storied barbecue spot. You never see any posts about this spot, but it's damn good.
I really like Gatlin’s, on Ella Blvd., just north of 610…
…haven't tried Truth yet but think it's probably over hyped Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Truth is very good. Another favorite of my mine is Corkscrew in old town Spring.
The majority of smaller non-chain places are decent, the pit masters usually are the owners or have a big stake in the establishment. They take much more pride in what they make.
That is until some "influencer" mentions the place, then you get a line of people out the door & around the corner. Profits go up but quality & service go down.
Blakes BBQ & Burgers
Blakes BBQ & Burgers Originally Posted by majorjones

I have eaten at Blakes maybe 50 times when I worked that area.

DeMeris barbecue, S Shepherd near Alabama
Roegels on Voss near Woodway
Killens in Pearland
No Name on hwy 225 and Pasadena blvd (very blue collar, but great food)
Brisket House on Center Street in Deer Park
Midway near Katy High School

About Rudy's.......I've eaten a lot worse, and it's acceptable.
yep dear john
they give big portions are are very tasty!!!
Thank you everybody! Im gonna have a side career as a restaurant critic after trying all these places.
Truth bbq. Ferges bbq. There's a place on Bellaire that's really good just the line is crazy. Get there early. Then of course look at my name. Pitroom bbq is the best ever. As far as nightlife I know every spot. As long as you are nice and respectful I'm a wealth of information
Before you go to any previous suggestions- go to the best Tejas in Conroe.