Best luck selling a used car?

Where have you guys been finding good luck in selling a used car?

Seems there are a lot of websites, charging various amounts, to list. Some seem to want to low ball you on the price like the used car lots do. Not happy with the offers from Texas Direct, Car Gurus, Auto Nation, etc.

Helping a friend and a family member who need to part ways with some good used cars.

Thanks,

Give me the Vin, was offering the best trade in value.

If they are such great used cars put them up on Facebook Marketplace. They will sell fast.
Have a 90's JDM or Euro RWD car? Sell that fucker on Facebook Marketplace for 10K over Blue Book.
News reports state that average new car price is $10 K & used car is $7 K over last year
PM me.
If they are late model & not too many miles CarMax pays fair $$ for them.
I have tried selling a few on sites like Craigslist & Facebook Marketplace and it's just time wasting tire kickers with no $$.
I sold a nice Lexus sedan to Texas Auto Direct about 4 years ago - their offer was 12% higher than Carmax's. This was, of course, before the troubles. If I were you, I'd shop them around - I'd get at least 3 offers on each car. The "new car" dealers are wanting to directly buy nice late model used cars, so try them too.
Thanks Guys, appreciate the advice.

Got some ideas......
I guess the days of placing a for sale sign in the window is a thing of the past.
I sold a 2021 lux suv to carmax, they gave my 3k more than I paid new year and a half ago.
Fb marketplace, I've sold 5 cars only this year alone.. it's the best and quickest.
  • Uomo
  • 03-09-2022, 09:19 AM
In order of best offers, my experience has been

Carmax
Texas direct auto/Vroom
Carvana
All the others
Put a for sale sign in the front windsheild and take it to a car wash service. I have made multiple sales that way.
All good ideas, but I sold it off CarGurus. Got multiple hits after the ad went up.

Will probably sell the Hummer the same way as soon as the new car arrives.

.. I sold it off CarGurus..... Originally Posted by O'Mike

Where else did you receive offer from and how much less than your sale advertising in CarGurus were they?