Music Moves the World - Share and Explore

I love music, I enjoy letting it move me, exploring artists, discovering what pleases my ear, and feeling everything from aroused, excited, melancholic, passionate, pumped, cheery, or just calmed..

So, show us what you like,what tickles you, and maybe we can all broaden our melodic horizons

Nothing you generally hear on the radio, a little info would be great, indie is a plus, 5 max at a time.
This guy was "The Talking Heads" way back when, he's been doing this for a long time, and still has it! Those horns are killer.

My anthem lately, the guy's voice isn't all that, but lyrically, he's amazing.

This man is amazing! He was raised in the Suzuki method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_method).. When the violin hit on this, I cum a little.

A Swedish guy, but a country folk sound and feel.. Just makes you feeeeeel it.

I feel this more than most of what I listen to these days, taps into something primal I suppose.

No one likes music?
Music tends to be a generational thing.

The music of the young adults today is often difficult for some of the more chronologically advanced members to understand and appreciate.

The music of my generation spans a time frame beginning in Do-Wop and early Rock & Roll, thru the British Invasion & Acid Rock. Then came the Disco Era and Modern Rock. Late 50's thru the 80's is the music of our youth.

Popular music has the benefit of being able to cross the generational lines and appeal to many unsuspecting admirers.

So, for those of us growing up in the late 50's, 60's & 70's and into the early 80's it is difficult to pick just one or two pieces of music that speak to us or touch our soul. Often we find that there will be one piece of music that is counter genre to our background that causes us to smile (for our own reasons) and cause those around us to wonder WTF?

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
An example of a song that makes me think of more innocent times.

A song that touches your heart and mind.

A song that reflects the joy and freedom of youth, and the regrets we develop.

A song that represents the rebellion that we experienced in the 60's

A song that talks about the "gifts" our parents give to each of us.

Hopefully, you will find some of these enjoyable.

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
In my youth, music was the soundtrack to my life. I would associate people, places, and events with certain songs.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w9TGj2j...yer_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Nicolet,

Maybe this will be of some help?

Be Careful & Enjoy!

Biomed1
Thank you Biomed, I had much more to my post, but my computer did the chicken, dammit!
That youtube video was the soundtrack to my first sexual experience.

I also like No Rain by Blind Melon. Its a fun song and I could relate to the little girl in the video.

Def Leppard DEFINED the 80's and I had Rock Of Ages in mind.

The one song that represents lost love is Love Is On the Way by Saigon Kick. That song, along with the man who would evenutally break my heart, inspired me to drive almost 1000 miles to Miami Florida.

This reminds me of my dearest friend who I still think so much about even though he is gone. He loved this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsXCs41DkWs
Just give me some zapp & Rogers, Marvin Gaye, earth wind and fire or Sade and I'm in my happy zone!!!
Roberta flack, now that was a great song!
Bio, I can totally understand where you're coming from, and you're absolutely right about the generations. Thankfully, I suffer from a strange affinity with music that allows me to enjoy pieces from far beyond my grasp. I'm more interested in being exposed to artists and music that I would otherwise not hear!

The First Time I Saw Your Face was new for me, and I'll be looking her up! Already love Me and Bobby Fogelberg isn't my thing, but very beautiful none the less. Although some Engelbert Humperdinck would have been cool too :P I didn't mention the lion sleeps tonight because, well, thats fucking awesome!

No one should feel on the spot or anything, just sharing something a little different is all
Thank you Biomed, I had much more to my post, but my computer did the chicken, dammit!
That youtube video was the soundtrack to my first sexual experience.

I also like No Rain by Blind Melon. Its a fun song and I could relate to the little girl in the video.

Def Leppard DEFINED the 80's and I had Rock Of Ages in mind.

The one song that represents lost love is Love Is On the Way by Saigon Kick. That song, along with the man who would evenutally break my heart, inspired me to drive almost 1000 miles to Miami Florida.

This reminds me of my dearest friend who I still think so much about even though he is gone. He loved this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsXCs41DkWs Originally Posted by Nicolet
Agreed! Def Leppard was KING in the 80s

LOVE this one!
Mina, specifics, what do you like to hear?
50's feel, so frigging cute!
Sigh, I have no idea how to find the videos or how to attach them. But here are some of the individuals and groups I really enjoy:

Giuseppe Verdi
Kingston Trio
Bob Dylan
Kris Kristofersen (West Point grad, Rhodes Scholar, Vietnam silver star winner)
Robert Johnson
Beatles
Yo-Yo Ma
It's a Beautiful Day
Wagner
Eric Clapton
Susan Tedeschi
Ted Hawkins
Blues Traveler
Beau Soliel
BB King
Muddy Waters
Beethoven
Rush
Tchaikovsky
George Gershwin
Paul Winter
Rochelle Harper (Bay St. Louis)

That pretty much covers what I've got out in my man cave - there's a lot more variety in the house.

Ciao,

JaG