Get Fed at the SHED

Just saw that they are doing a series on the Food Network about the SHED. I know it will have at least one person watching. Dallas Rain.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/ne...ed/118964.html
I'll be a watching as well. Brads a total trip. Just a funny Kid. Foods awesome as well

Just saw that they are doing a series on the Food Network about the SHED. I know it will have at least one person watching. Dallas Rain.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/ne...ed/118964.html Originally Posted by coast_encounter
I love going any time I am on the Coast... so I will have to go by there next Tuesday!

Smooch!

Lea
I love going any time I am on the Coast... so I will have to go by there next Tuesday!

Smooch!

Lea Originally Posted by Lea Madisson
I thought the Shed on the Coast burned down.
Did they rebuild it?

AL
The original shed in gautier burned down,but they were back open in a week,now they have a new building,
Ohhh The shed..BBQ and Blues. A great place to get your tummy full of great food. Three locations...Gulfport, Gautier, and Mobile
I only ate at the Shed in Gulfport. I will eat barbeque anywhere I can find it.
The one in Gulfport was very, very bad. It was like eating food cooked in a crockpot. I chose the sampler plate and was extremely disappointed. It was a Sunday afternoon and the place was empty. I really think they served me warmed up left overs
I will still make it to the Shed in Gauthier one day. I have seen this guy on TV, cooking and I know he knows what he is doing.
Mentioned this show to a friend when talking about BBQ. I've only eaten their food once, and that was from a trailer at an event. My friend was very critical of their good, which surprised me, since I had only heard good things previously. Now Spiderjohn has been critical. Makes me wonder if the Shed is more hype and myth than good food.

JaG
My personal experience has always been good.
The ribs were outstanding.
I have been to the location at the coast and in Hattiesburg.
Hattiesburg is now closed down.

Big AL
IMHO, it's good, but not the best. I have always felt that it was more hype than substance. With that being said, I do eat there regularly just because of proximity. I would choose Leatha's over The Shed any day of the week......but alas......it's a two hour drive away.
The shed in mobile sucks,there is more hype because how these kids got started,now mama leatha's in Columbia ms was awesome 20 years ago,she took a old house close to the river and cooked great food,when you pulled in the yard to park,there were goats,chickens,and pigs walking around,i guess it was fresh meat,they had opened one in Hattiesburg at one time.
Leatha's is located in Hattiesburg now. It is on HWY 98 out by junction of HWY 11.
Definitely more hype than anything else. If you want like Carolina style BBQ, Dreamland in Mobile, AL. Once you get your complementary food and sauce you'll know...
woohooo I saw it! lol

I luv the Shed.........the original one near Biloxi/ocean springs..

best damn bbq beans/brisket and tater salad I ever "et"......and I am a native Texas gal!
woohooo I saw it! lol

I luv the Shed.........the original one near Biloxi/ocean springs..

best damn bbq beans/brisket and tater salad I ever "et"......and I am a native Texas gal! Originally Posted by DallasRain
I am a Texan also I have had some great BBQue also from Texas, Memphis, St louis, and Huntsville Alabama
The GULFPORT shed served me what I would describe as BBQue soup. The bones just fell out of meat like its was boiled. I slow smoke at home and the meat is suppose to be easy to pull off the bone, but not come off clean. The meathad no smokey taste or flavor other than the gallon of sauce they put on the plate.

One of my favorite BBQue restaurants [might lose some creed here] was Montana's in Gulfport. It was an all you can eat place at a reasonable price.
It was not the best ever but was good. I miss that place I couldn't pass it without stopping,