World Cup Thread

...just because we need one.

Come on!!!!!!/jumpers/
Is that anything like the Super Bowl?
basically if you are an ex-Pat, it is a good excuse to take a day(s) off of work & get sloppy drunk early in the morning at your local pub as you watch the match live from S. Africa....

....since I'm an American, it does little for me...
Dear Camille,

From today's New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/sp...tml?ref=sports

So is Mr. Kroenke the devil incarnate with his ownership of Arsenal?

PS: I'm subscribing to this thread 'cause its Camille's.
basically if you are an ex-Pat, it is a good excuse to take a day(s) off of work & get sloppy drunk early in the morning at your local pub as you watch the match live from S. Africa....

....since I'm an American, it does little for me... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Then how about this....

Claim to be a world futbul fan & it's an excuse to get drunk every morning for a month!!!!

Good call, Camille, I'm all in!!!!

Uncle Sam's Barmy Army representin'!!!!
Then how about this....

Claim to be a world futbul fan & it's an excuse to get drunk every morning for a month!!!!

Good call, Camille, I'm all in!!!!

Uncle Sam's Barmy Army representin'!!!! Originally Posted by Sisyphus

I've been known to impersonate an ex-Pat on a random Saturday morning
I claim to actually like Formula One on Sunday mornings. Okay, just when they bring the "show" to Monaco.

I've been known to impersonate an ex-Pat on a random Saturday morning Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Moi aussi! Especially when my ex-pat Scot mates insist on dragging me out to an Old Firm Derby!!! I haven't been hammered at 06:30 since college!!!

I've been known to impersonate an ex-Pat on a random Saturday morning Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I'm thinking it was a Tuesday morning.
I'm thinking it was a Tuesday morning. Originally Posted by Ansley
Could've been...sometimes days run together...

....since I'm an American, it does little for me... Originally Posted by atlcomedy

Hey, can you think of many other reasons to get drunk on a Saturday morning??

I am still pursuing my likely unachieveable dream of attending the England v. USA match in South Africa. I did not make the final draw for tickets through US Soccer, so am now at the mercy of the re-sellers. What makes it worse is that the U.S. and England are the top two countries purchasing tickets. In addition, the stadium they are set to play in is the smallest of all host venues with capacity of only 42,000.

I'll probably just have to get drunk in a pub on Saturday morning...
Hey, can you think of many other reasons to get drunk on a Saturday morning??

... Originally Posted by nycflyer
American football fans do a pretty good job of "tailgating" all Fall long

Best of luck with your quest to see your game. I guess I have long ago gotten over the fact that for big games you have to pay a "reseller" or "scalper" a huge premium. I also rationalize it by saying really the ticket is just one component of an expensive day/weekend/whatever.

I mean you are probably flying. Need a hotel. Will spend $ on other entertainment. So you paid 10x face for your ticket? Either the total cost is worth it to you or not.