FL legislature new law squatters

It finally got so bad in FL it motivated the FL legislature to act.

It's just crazy that someone can move into your house, and the police can't help. You can't evict them. You have to go to civil court and complete that process before they can be kicked out. If you try to kick them out, you can be arrested..!!

What are the laws against trespassing ? They don't seem to be able to apply or be enforced either.

The squatters will do everything they can to delay the court proceedings.
Ya, i’ve never quite understood squatters rights either.
It's a throwback to the days of the wild west, vs current events. Squatters need to produce a valid rental agreement by the current owner or current lease-holder to be valid. A say-so agreement is not valid.
Thanks for the contribution but that is not the point. It does not matter what kind of lease agreement the squatter shows. You still have to go to civil court to take any action.

GA is also changing their laws on this.
TX governor wrote this. But is he correct ?

"In Texas, anyone 'squatting' in your home is breaking the law," Abbott wrote. "They are criminals violating TX laws like criminal trespass & criminal mischief (Tex. Penal Code 30.05 & 28.03)."

"Also, the Texas Castle Doctrine empowers Texans to use force to defend themselves & their property," he added.
This appears to be one of those rare issues that nearly everyone agrees on. The Texas governor’s suggestion is a bit extreme in my opinion, but certainly a phone call to police should be all it takes to have squatters removed.
This appears to be one of those rare issues that nearly everyone agrees on. The Texas governor’s suggestion is a bit extreme in my opinion, but certainly a phone call to police should be all it takes to have squatters removed.
.... Surely deserves to be written TWICE there, mate.

THIS issue of Vita's is one of those rare issues that nearly
everyone agrees with.

#### Salty
This appears to be one of those rare issues that nearly everyone agrees on. The Texas governor’s suggestion is a bit extreme in my opinion, but certainly a phone call to police should be all it takes to have squatters removed. Originally Posted by CreatedInSpace
I agree that typically if the police can determine that there is NO rights of the squatter being at the property- they should remove them immediately and there should be an expedited process that helps homeowners with obtaining documents to help claim the property accordingly. The fact that an owner has to continue to pay for taxes and utilities in some cases and then having a 6 month or more delay in getting them out is outrageous.

I am not sure how that is allowed and call it justice.