Support and Help our Troop!!

Okay guys so I know something similar was done during the holiday season for a family in need. I continue to keep the spirits going year round for our fellow soldiers that are overseas fighting for us. There is program where you can adopt a soldier that doesn't get anything sent to him and is kind of feeling lonely being out there--well that's what I did and have been doing for the past 6months with one soldier. I do however have a friend overseas that I have made cookies, brownies, etc for him and his company and he stated to me that they LOVED THEM and ate them up so FAST because they don't get a lot of that stuff over there. I however can't keep up with baking, buying, etc with other stuff I have going on and I thought it would be a good idea to post it on here and see if people would like to help or donate any items for me to send overseas to these soldier. I added a list of items that are always helpful and come in handy for them over there because they dont have them over there or the resources are limited. If you want to get involved in any way if it be donating toothpaste or making batches of brownies please PM me or just make a comment.
If you a provider and want to make a contribution I can meet you somewhere to pick up the stuff or whatever works for you. If your a hobbiest and you want to come see me then just bring the stuff then or I can also meet you somewhere public.
Some of the things that I have baked and sent off are brownie, sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip and I just put them in a disposable tin with a lid those cheap ones you can buy at walmart for like 2 or 3 dollars.
I have bought Jerkey, toothpaste, trail mix, peanuts, toothbrushes, etc those are just a few things but here is the list and I hope that you all have a blessed day!! Help bring a smile and to a soldiers face

List of items to send to soldiers:

Deodorant
Shower to Shower body powder
Jelly beans
Disposable camera
Rice Krispie treats
Altoids or mints
Beef jerky
Snack mixes
Sunflower seeds
Chewing gum
Nuts
Long-distance phone cards
Little Debbie's snacks
Ziploc bags
Coffee
Gatorade
Jaw breakers
Poker game
Playing cards
Dice
Music CD's
Footbag/hacky-sac
Toothbrushes & toothpaste
Inflatable pillow
Cookies in individual packages (Big bags often fill with dust if not eaten right away.)
Dominoes
Pasta and sauce
Canned food items
Spices, salt, pepper
Smoked oysters and sardines
Squeeze butter
Pringles chips
Individually-wrapped licorice
Microwave popcorn
Ramen noodles
Macaroni & cheese
Disposable shower towels
Olives, pickles, peppers (Be sure to add lots and LOTS of bubble wrap around these items.)
Cereal bars/granola bars
Microwave pasta that doesn't need refrigeration
Hot cocoa mix
Soup mix
M&M's (plain or peanut)
DVD movies
Koozies to keep water bottles and cans cool
Newspapers
Magazines
AA batteries
D size batteries
Air fresheners (...like stick-ups, F'breeze.)
Canned air to blow dust out of electronics
Stress relief squeeze balls
Sewing kit
Baby wipes
Board games
Shoe laces for gym shoes and boots
Brown t-shirts
Boot socks
Underwear
Hand warmers
Inflatable seat cushions
Razors
Ink pens
Notepads of paper
Word Puzzle books
Icy/hot patches
Air activated heat wraps for sore muscles
Foot massager
Microwaveable plates, bowls, paper plates
Foot powder
Vitamins
Paperback books
Gift baskets filled with lots of useful items and packaged as a present
very nice Sara....
and back "in the days" ==> I remember KoolAid worked well too...
Count me in, I'll be contacting you soon with some things to send off.

What a great idea!!!!
As a Vet appreciate your efforts, I'll get with you as well to make a donation.
Thanks Sara for supporting our troops...you rock!

What would you all think about getting together once a month, somewhere, to bake goodies and package boxes for our troops? We could make it a group effort and send funny cards with our signatures (real or fake) showin' some SA Love! Just an idea.

FYI...the post office has priority flat rate (fixed price) boxes that you can purchase. Here's the link: http://www.usps.com/

Also, another suggestion...I've gone to humidors and purchased pre-packaged cigars that are sent to a soldier on their cigar list...just another suggestion for trying to bring a little "comfort of home" to a soldier.
Thanks you guys and likinikki that would be a great idea about getting together once a month! Yeah I just got done tonight making 4 batches of brownies whew!!
Yes the Flat Rate boxes are WONDERFUL!! I have a bunch at my house because I send stuff off so much. Just let me know of any details if you have any or more ideas.

Thanks again guys
I send stuff off so much. Originally Posted by sarasmelik
So Sara, if a portion of your income is going to the troops, and some of your income comes from visiting friends then I have to conclude that spending time with Sara is a patriotic duty. Color me red, white, and blue, I need to schedule another visit.

This is just another example of how kind hearted Sara is, thanks for being such a sweetheart.
Good on you Sara. I can attest that getting "goodies" when we are "on vacation" out in the sand box is straight AWESOME!!! Thank you....ALL OF YOU!
I just got a reply from one of my friends who's in Afghanistan and this is what he said:

"Most everyone here is in a building with their own room (wooden partitions, 15 feet by 6 feet). We have electricity (220v), heat and AC. We don't have a PX, so it's difficult to get things like hygiene, snacks, general grocery type items. Lately what people have needed here is laundry detergent. We've gotten a fair number of care packages lately and so the things we are short in fluctuates. Right now, we have lots of tooth brushes, soap, shaving gels, etc. Things we don't have are laundry detergent, snack foods."

He sent me an address where we can send the care pkgs...he'll make sure that his troops get the shipment. Thanks to everyone who contributes...by far, this is a very worthy cause!

So, let's get a show of hands who would be interested in getting together for this...and what day/time is best for everyone.

Thank you Nikki! Also I want to thank the people who have already contributed and giving me some items to send off I really appreciate it and I know they do also.

Take care and COME HELP OUT TROOPS!!!
Okay I have to say thanks to TWO WONDERFUL HOBBIEST!! They have donated stuff to the soldiers--VIKKING and Dartar! Oh you are both so WONDERFUL thanks so much your stuff will be appreciated so MUCH
Okay I have to say thanks to TWO WONDERFUL HOBBIEST!! They have donated stuff to the soldiers--VIKKING and Dartar! Oh you are both so WONDERFUL thanks so much your stuff will be appreciated so MUCH Originally Posted by sarasmelik
Sara, it was an absolute pleasure, but you and Nikki are to be commended for your efforts in putting it altogether.

Please don't hesitate to let me know next time you are going to do it again.