novice photog wanting to learn

my name is ryan - been a hobbyist for about 10 yrs - i see a provider about once every 6 months on avg - i'm a graphic designer & "stock" photographer & have been in the business for about 20yrs - i do not photograph people professionally by choice - but i would love to venture into that arena some & i have thought it might be fun to combo that talent w/my hobbying possibly - i am willing to shoot & edit images for free if a provider is willing to exchange services - i'm a good guy, no drama, no bs, nor etc - this is truly a genuine offer - if you'd be interested in this possibility, i'd love to hear from you - & i'm in the dallas-fort worth area & even willing to drive to austin or other nearby cities possibly
not a good offer lol
meaning my offer is inadequate?

what would make it more appealing in your opinion?
Definitely not a good offer. First of all, you're a newbie with no reviews and only 3 posts. Second of all, it's an offer in your favor both ways. You get services for free and pics of her for free. Any provider would be a fool to take you up on your offer.
well i apprec the honesty - i didnt think about it that way - i had no intention of keeping pics - they would be surrendered completely to the provider - as far as being a newbie, not new to the hobby, have plenty of provider okays on p411, new to eccie but was a member of its predecessor aspd for about 10yrs, but i hardly ever post rvws ... however, the feedback has made me think i need to rewrite the ad & reconsider my offer ... i had no intention to be selfish nor greedy ... i wanted to just combo 2 things i enjoy ... i thought it was a win-win, but i guess i need to sweeten the offer somehow in favor of the provider obviously
this is why most providers, dont contact real photographers, because they thing all photographers want is free pussy blah..
i want to provide an addendum to this - my apologies for offending anyone w/my offier - i obviously did not think it thru - my intent was in no way to be selfish nor take advantage in any way - i have requested that they remove this thread all-together b/c i definitely need to reconsider how i approach this - it was a quick thought & was not well thought out - again, my apologies
this is why most providers, dont contact real photographers, because they thing all photographers want is free pussy blah.. Originally Posted by laphotoérotique
+1
again, my apologies - i didnt think it through
Do you do photography sessions for guys aswell? My old Glamour shots are starting to look a bit dated and I would like to update my headshots for the new millennium.
I would think someone that is a hobby veteran of ten years would surely understand at least that what you are proposing while it sounds nice so many things go wrong.
Why dont you actually invest some money in equipment learn the trade then get into the business then perhaps you got something here.
I will close this thread but wont delete it it stays....