Quality Inn - Not Exactly

I returned home yesterday after a week of business in Salt Lake City. While there, I stayed in SLC's best hotel, a true five-diamond gem of a property - by anyone's standards. Looking to mix a little pleasure with business I contacted several local providers and attempted to schedule outcall appointments. I was disappointed to learn they would not come to my hotel - apparently concerned with security issues. I was finally successful, and enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with an amazing woman who was quite capable and comfortable fitting in.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on upscale hotels and hobby issues?
I don't always feel comfortable walking into an upscale (5*) place but usually only if it's after 11pm. Security stares you down like a hawk. Doesn't matter how well you're dressed. When you're a single woman...walking into a hotel...after 11pm, most times, you're not a guest coming in from a late flight. Thus the once, twice, thrice-over from security or front desk.
I get what you're saying Tia, but these were for afternoon appointments. Perhaps it was a case of been there before and didn't like the reception.lol
I love hotels, the finer the better. I feel so at home in hotels that I go and hang out in them even if I'm not staying in them/visiting them.

At this point I couldn't imagine feeling intimidated in any of them - I think if any hotel staff tried to be wierd with me I'd be like 'And who are YOU???".

I love hanging out in them and staff taking care of me.
I would prefer to go to at least a four star hotel. I wouldn't meet someone at a Motel 6 or similar place.

I have found that I don't worry as much with security if it's a very very nice hotel. Quite the contrary. I use valet, tell them it is for a short visit, and tip well.

SLC is a gorgeous city but when I was there, it was hard to find a bar. I was near the convention center and maybe that was the difference.

Perhaps it's just the vibe or current situation in that city. The women that I know, with the exception of my friend above, prefer visiting gentleman in exceptionally upscale venues and hotels.

Just my thoughts.
... I use valet, tell them it is for a short visit, and tip well.... Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Key.
[QUOTE=ElisabethWhispers;295278 6.

SLC is a gorgeous city but when I was there, it was hard to find a bar. I was near the convention center and maybe that was the difference.

QUOTE]

I don't know what SLC stands for, but that sounds tough!

I don't know what SLC stands for, but that sounds tough! Originally Posted by Chloe Kensington
Salt Lake City.
I've been approached years ago in a nice hotel in Detroit by security. This was a late night appt outcall. Wanted to know which room I was going to and if I knew the guest's name. (<----this sucks as obviously, we don't always know full names). He wanted to see in my purse. Don't believe I showed him, but that was a rude question. That was in the 1990s.

Then approached (recently) in Vegas on my way to a gent's room during the early evening. I knocked on his door (and he was in the shower still). He didn't hear me right away. I knocked again. Security started walking up to me. Asked me what the name of the guest I was going to see was...at that time, FINALLY......my friend opened the door (before I had time to answer the guard...yeaaaaa!!!) and I scooted in.

Those are just 2 examples of why I don't like them....and I look SO WHOLESOME girl next door like also. I don't dress in heels going to the room. Don't have flashy clothes, expensive purses, etc.

It's not like I hit the 5 star hotels often so the percentage of the amount of times I got asked for the amount of times I actually visited--is high.

Maybe I'm so adorably cute & I come off as "very approachable" that security just wants to come up and get my number!! LOL
That's it Tia, You ARE cute and he wants to frist you.
Fat fingers "frisk"
Walk in holding a box of doughnuts. The staff will know you are on official business.
Bigh1955 that is pretty disappointing that it took extra time and work for you to get a private outcall date to a nice location. I've personally not encountered any negative experiences in the times I have gone to outcall hotels. They have all been very nice ones as well. It's a good thing you ended up with a provider that was available and of good choice though. And Tia sounds like the guys were probably giving you a hard time because your pretty,they were nosy,had a power trip with thier job title or just had nothing better to do. Not sure but prob more the first mentioned in my opinion I love getting my outcall dates in very nice cozy and upscale locations. I just traveled Texas and my personal incall was so nice I didn't want to leave. Sorry those things happened to you all. Knock on wood it doesn't happen again. Bigh1955,looks as if the ones that would not come to you lost out on some good company
Bigh1955 that is pretty disappointing that it took extra time and work for you to get a private outcall date to a nice location. It's a good thing you ended up with a provider that was available and of good choice though. Bigh1955,looks as if the ones that would not come to you lost out on some good company Originally Posted by Exotic Beauty
Yes Beauty, it turned out to be an exceptional afternoon and evening. My date prefers not to receive reviews, but in the unlikely event the ladies who declined my invitation ever read this, here's a little of what they missed. A car service to and from, as well as to dinner, high tea at the hotel, an in-room couple's massage (a first for my date) followed by some private time, dinner at Christopher's, then back to the hotel for more private time. It was a perfect date!
I will only outcall or offer incall to 3.5, I prefer 4, star or better hotels. That rule is hard and fast. I dont ever experience problems. I think the reasons I don't have any problems are threefold. I dress well, but, with discretion. If I wouldnt wear it to dinner with my aunt at the Peabody, I don't walk through a lobby in it. Nice dress, 3 inch heels max, discrete hair and makeup and a well made and quiet color of bag and purse. I always tell my gentlemen and ladies how to find the elevators and how to find my room. And, if They are entertaining me I ask for the same information. Finally, with the above two items well in hand, I don't have any reason to look uneasy or sketchy to anyone on the hotel staff. I behave exactly the same in a hotel I'm staying at be it for business or pleasure. I walk with purpose and confidence, and smile and nod at staff if I'm not too caught up in my own thoughts.