John Wayne Weekend on AMC

Big Jake –
And now *you* understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
My fav JW pic, and my fav line in the pic. You called it, RK.

And those of you who have NOT seen Donovan's Reef, you gotta. It's a hoot...a comedy.

Cahill U.S Marshall – Originally Posted by Rudyard K
(snickering) I hate to put a few years on you but, that was my first Rated R movie that I ever saw. All those cuss words were pretty cool.
(snickering) I hate to put a few years on you but, that was my first Rated R movie that I ever saw. All those cuss words were pretty cool. Originally Posted by Ansley
You mean that's an old one?

I just saw it for the first time last year. When was that you saw it?
Stagecoach
  • WTF
  • 07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
The Cowboys!..... saw it with my Dad when I was eleven or so. First movie he took me to was The Dirty Dozen! I've like Clint Walker ever since. Good memories!

True Grit be next.

In Harms Way sure had a cast of characters.

I like ole Deno also so any movie where he and the Duke pair up was fine by me. Robert Mitchum played a drunk sherrif that was a great flick too!
  • WTF
  • 07-07-2010, 06:17 PM

I wish he'd come back and make Hellfighters II. Ole Duke would have dipping our toes back in the Gulf of Mexico in no time!

There is a scene where two explosive charges must be at their (different) destinations exactly at the same time and Buckman's men tell him "We have practiced 12 times and finally it worked". His answer is "Practice it 12 times more, and if it works EVERY time, we'll do it."
I wish he'd come back and make Hellfighters II. Originally Posted by WTF
That is a good movie. But it lacks "greatness"...IMHO...becau se of the casting of Jim Hutton. I don't care what you do...he can't pull it off to be oil field trash.
I like just about everything The Duke made, but I will always like Rio Bravo and Cowboys the best.
  • WTF
  • 07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
That is a good movie. But it lacks "greatness"...IMHO...becau se of the casting of Jim Hutton. I don't care what you do...he can't pull it off to be oil field trash. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Hutton was in Green Berets too. He was better cast in Animal House!

What I really wanted was The Duke to come on down from heaven and put this BP mess out

I like just about everything The Duke made, but I will always like Rio Bravo and Cowboys the best. Originally Posted by ANONONE

Man I'm with ya on The Cowboys....I love it when Mr Nightlinger gets to pray for the men he has killed and the one's he's about to! Bruce Dern likes to shit a brick!

El Dorado is a mirror of Rio Bravo, like'em both. Only poem I ever memorized was El Dorado, teacher thought I liked Poe(fuc that crazy son of a bitch!)! Shadow said he, Where can it be , this land of El Dorado ........
John Wayne and my Dad looked enough alike to have been brothers and I've been a fan of his and of his movies just about since before recorded time. If you sit and think about his movies, you'll generally discover one you had forgotten, like the one he made with Lauren Bacall about a riverboat bringing refugees out of China. Or "Jet Pilot".
I can pick my fav (The Searchers), but after that, they tend to group into piles. First pile contains Hondo, Red River, The Quiet Man (Mom's fav), Big Jake, Sons of Katie Elder and I can get lost trying to sort them all out.
  • Bliss
  • 07-14-2010, 12:22 AM
My hands down favorite.....True Grit. What a beautiful movie.

Distant 2nd.....The Cowboys.