Bed Bugs !!!

Any providers - hobbyists had any concerns with this growing problem?

It is a no longer isolated to the no-tels !

http://www.smartertravel.com/travel-...tml?id=4726511

It freaks me out !

Another reason to do Outcalls only ?
YES its a concern- I was bitten at the Hyatt Place in Cranberry Pa a year ago
got 4 quarter size hives/bites and it took four weeks for them to go away. That was ugly. I know it was bedbugs because the next morning I looked and found a dead one- they look like apple seeds. Nasty and at a nicer hotel too!

The hotel did nothing about it either when I reported it, just made a note.

Check www.tripadvisor.com before for hotel reviews before booking a room. I always do reviews there
Bed Bugs aren't as big as apple seeds in my opinion. They are much smaller....and when smushed--produce a reddish brown smear of color.
How to Spot Bedbugs in Hostels, Hotels and at Home

What Bed Bugs Look Like Bedbugs are teeny flat critters; grown adults are about the size of an apple seed. Check out the bed bug picture to the right to see what a bed bug looks like Adults are brown until they consume some blood, after which they turn reddish brown. Ah, that rosy after-dinner glow.

Pinhead sized nymphs, or non-adults, are smaller and are whitish or gold until they feed -- just about the color of a mattress, according to Martha Craft, Orkin spokesperson, making them very tough to see. (More evidence of clever, sneaky behavior.)
Maybe the apples I eat just have bigger seeds. Okay, I'm somewhat wrong.... I didn't say all bedbugs were small. I was only giving an opinion on ones I've had encounters with, which have always been smaller. Maybe I've just always seen the teenagers or babies. I was right about the reddish-brown. Even though I'm blind, I must have good eyesight as I'm always able to see the nymphs.
FWIW, I have a friend that is a marriot manager and they go to quarrantine immediately when there is a report. Unfortunately, it happens regularly!
yawn...........
yawn........... Originally Posted by Marshall
Oh yeah, we forgot your mom cleans your sheets for you.
No need to bring someone's Mom into the thread. That's uncalled for!
ugh just reading about bedbugs just make me itch, whenever I am in a hotel bed I feel like things are crawling on me but I just may be paranoid.
Just the thougth of bed bugs makes my skin crawl
Misa
This is a picture of Denise Milani. She is not asian. These idiots who run this agency are scamming people. Stay away from this one.
I don't have bedbugs but I do take preventive measures. I have 3 cats and a dog and do not want to poison them or me.

I sprinkle borax on my carpet, furniture and bed and let it set for 4 or 5 days before vacuuming. I even use borax in my dishwasher and when washing laundry.

http://www.whatdobedbugslooklike.net...-bed-bugs.html
Do you get your Borax from the 20 Mule Team folks, Mikki.
Using Borax, your in good company !

But does it work???