Profanity

I know we are all adults and would not want a strict ban on profanity because sometimes the only way to properly express yourself is with a little fuckin profanity, know what I mean? However, I think it would help the tone of the board for mods to gently and privately poke a member who is a little too generous with unnecessary profanity. I am not saying it is a problem now. Actually, that is what I like here. The posts are cleaner than elsewhere.

I really, really don't want a hard rule against it. I am just saying that I hope the mods will privately discourage the wanton use of it as this place is just so nice right now.
  • fawn
  • 05-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I know we are all adults and would not want a strict ban on profanity because sometimes the only way to properly express yourself is with a little fuckin profanity, know what I mean? However, I think it would help the tone of the board for mods to gently and privately poke a member who is a little too generous with unnecessary profanity. I am not saying it is a problem now. Actually, that is what I like here. The posts are cleaner than elsewhere.

I really, really don't want a hard rule against it. I am just saying that I hope the mods will privately discourage the wanton use of it as this place is just so nice right now. Originally Posted by FatManHobbyist

well i am sorry for my potty mouth, i do it with out even knowing
I'm doing it...so if it offends you, I'm sorry.........and i cant promise
you i wont do it again.............using foul language doesn't make me
a bad person.........and i dont think i should be reprimanded or banned
for it........sorry.....
I don't think that we need to worry about it. I just read posts on some other boards that go nuts with it. Just would hate to have the sort of hostile profanity here. I use profanity myself and am not really talking about that kind of use.