Is this enough privacy for you COG?

• DSK
  • 02-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Why don't you give an excerpt instead of just a link?

Are you too lazy to post anything from the citation?
I saw this, Apple is resisting a judges order to help law enforcement to crack the encryption on the phones of the terrorist couple of San Bernadino. There are a couple of other cases in the news right now of people who have died with critical information on their smart phones that they're families can't get access to. The companies are refusing to open the phones or whatever because of the privacy of a dead person.
I can't agree with the computer companies on this. Like a doctor-patient privilege, it doesn't survive death. If someone is dead then the next of kin (or in this case law enforcement) should be able to get assistance to open the phone. Different story if you have someone on trial who has not been convicted yet. They still have privacy rights but then we get back to the ticking bomb scenario. Could survivors (or the federal government) hold a company responsible for failing to reveal pertinent information?
Why don't you give an excerpt instead of just a link?

Are you too lazy to post anything from the citation? Originally Posted by DSK
some people cannot walk and chew gum, he has been told many time to cite what the link is to

but it took him 6 years to learn how to post a link

Who'd a thunk it?

Only JDrunk responds with a comment pertinent to the subject matter. The other two just fling feces like the subhuman apes they are.

I believe that privilege (even if it's unwritten or, in this case nonexistent), flies out the window in light of an investigation of mass murder or terrorism.

FUCK YOU, JL. YOU'RE A FAGGOT!
I saw this, Apple is resisting a judges order to help law enforcement to crack the encryption on the phones of the terrorist couple of San Bernadino. There are a couple of other cases in the news right now of people who have died with critical information on their smart phones that they're families can't get access to. The companies are refusing to open the phones or whatever because of the privacy of a dead person.
I can't agree with the computer companies on this. Like a doctor-patient privilege, it doesn't survive death. If someone is dead then the next of kin (or in this case law enforcement) should be able to get assistance to open the phone. Different story if you have someone on trial who has not been convicted yet. They still have privacy rights but then we get back to the ticking bomb scenario. Could survivors (or the federal government) hold a company responsible for failing to reveal pertinent information? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The difference is, the other billion people that have IPhones are not dead.
This cat and Mose game that the Tech Companies are playing with the Government will probably not end well for Apple. An order from a Federal Judge is, (or used to be), a serious matter. It's not much different tha a Reporter refusing to give up a source that is critical in a legal proceeding.

That being said, it is difficult to believe that with all of it's resources, the Federal Government can't break into those phones, or find someone that can. Hell, just offer $1,000,000 dollars to any hacker who can figure it out.

They seem to be able to get at anything else.
  • WTF
  • 02-17-2016, 10:05 AM
My guess is Apple does not want their users to know they can hack your phone. It is one thing if the government hacks it.

Apple just should have hacked it and told the government to take the credit
That being said, it is difficult to believe that with all of it's resources, the Federal Government can't break into those phones, or find someone that can. Originally Posted by Jackie S
They can but the phone is set up so it will automatically delete everything if someone makes too many failed attempts to open it. Apple created a suicide phone for suicide bombers.

When I read stories like this, I keep thinking wouldn't it be great if it's all misinformation by the Feds? Maybe they actually broke the encryption code but they want ISIS to think otherwise and keep using it so we can track everything those fuckers are plotting to do?
some people cannot walk and chew gum, he has been told many time to cite what the link is to
If you mopes don't want to read it, don't. Then stop your whining.
but it took him 6 years to learn how to post a link
Keep repeating that hillbilly till you believe it.
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone

Capt nostones the hillbilly. Master baiter.
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/apple...124228263.html Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Sharing link.No privacy no more.
  • DSK
  • 02-17-2016, 02:27 PM
They can but the phone is set up so it will automatically delete everything if someone makes too many failed attempts to open it. Apple created a suicide phone for suicide bombers.

When I read stories like this, I keep thinking wouldn't it be great if it's all misinformation by the Feds? Maybe they actually broke the encryption code but they want ISIS to think otherwise and keep using it so we can track everything those fuckers are plotting to do? Originally Posted by lustylad
That would be the clever thing to do...
I love Apple! Tim Cook is absolutely right! You can't give government that kind of foothold.

APPLE RULES!
I love Apple! Tim Cook is absolutely right! You can't give government that kind of foothold.

APPLE RULES! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Orange you glad they aren't named Banana?