Search Question

If I search for two words, e.g. foo bar in the search field, I get hits on any post with foo or bar in it. How would I search for the phrase "foo bar". Normally, I would expect quotes around the phrase to work, but it doesn't. Please help!
The phrase "Foobar" or "Foo bar" doesn't yield anything...but "Fubar" yields plenty

I didn't use quotes when searching either
  • Mokoa
  • 01-22-2016, 09:37 PM
Use the keywords foo and bar. The "and" will cause only threads or posts (depending on how Show Results As is set) containing both foo and bar to appear.
According to vbulletin.org you can search for an exact phrase using quotes, i.e. "blue eyes" should find posts with that exact phrase. However here on ECCIE it still searches using an explicit OR and returns all posts with either "blue" or "eyes". It is very frustrating.
Or, use Google
"search word" site:eccie.net

You can use all the search parameters for Google to get better results
I'm acquainted with Google. That doesn't work for the ML, review ROS, or private tags since that info can't be indexed..
Have not tried it but what if you're logged into Eccie at the time?
That's not how search engines work unfortunately. Thanks anyway though.

edit: what a disappointing 1000th post.
According to vbulletin.org you can search for an exact phrase using quotes, i.e. "blue eyes" should find posts with that exact phrase. However here on ECCIE it still searches using an explicit OR and returns all posts with either "blue" or "eyes". It is very frustrating. Originally Posted by Brandofan
are spaces ignored and "blueeyes" might yield desired results.

Search engine inconsistency really pisses me off.