Really large pictures

When browsing provider ads I frequently encounter pics that are way too large to fit on my laptop screen. I would like for them to be resized to fit the screen so I don't have to scroll back and forth to see the pic and read the text in the ad. I tried using the settings in the User Control Panel "Thread Display Options" and that works for some pics but not others. What am I missing?
  • Mokoa
  • 06-28-2017, 11:31 PM
That is pretty much all you can do. Such pictures are usually taken with apps on smartphones and tablets and they topically use very large sizes because the cameras in those devices have very large pixel ranges.
Thanks Mokoa. What I don't get is that why some pics will resize to fit the screen and some don't.
  • Mokoa
  • 06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't get that either.

If I come across something I will post it here.
Many folks using cellphones have asked me for software help to resize photos on their phones but the best software I have found is usually geared for laptops, maybe for tablets, which I am exploring.

Thing is, the above requires the photo creator to do the work. I haven't seen anything that affects the size of an incoming photo.

But, removing metadata from photos imo is equally important.