Top Rock Front Men??? Hmmmm

Freddie Mercury #1. Guy could sing and play piano. He could pump up the crowd WHILE playing piano.
Only other person who could pull that off was Elton John.
Dio should be in the top 5.
DIO and Freddie both gone but still 2 of the best front men in rock.
Yeah Freddie was the best but my favorite is still...

1-Mick
2-Plant
and a 100 others for #3

Proof, who could argue with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyK1bZZ7E-s
Don't see how you could reasonable make any argument but Mick for number 1. I'd say Robert Plant at 2, and Roger Daktry at 3. After that, the pickings get very sparse.
These two mesmerized their audiences.

or

Morrison was definitely "One of A Kind".
Freddie hands down is the best singer out of anybody. Glad to see he is number one. Even if I like some of the other bands more than Queen.
Yeah Freddie was the best but my favorite is still...

Originally Posted by DarthMaul

Saw Led Zep live three different times during the '70's. Robert Plant's bluesy wailing style will remain number to me hands down no questions asked for all time.
Janis was awesome, but frontman? lol
Freddie hands down is the best singer out of anybody. Glad to see he is number one. Even if I like some of the other bands more than Queen. Originally Posted by Ceremony

as far as pure vocal talent, Freddo was the best, i can't think of anyone who had a better range.

that said i'm with Darth .. Plant!!!!

Here is the best frontman of all time. He was the boss, he ran the band and told the record executives to go to hell because he was in charge.
How can Paul Rodgers-Free, Bad Company, The Firm, and with Queen for a while- not be on that list ?
How can Paul Rodgers-Free, Bad Company, The Firm, and with Queen for a while- not be on that list ? Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
I totally agree, and I am a musician and do have a band. He is actually my favorite singer of all time I just think Ronnie Van Zant is the greatest frontman of all time. Most of these polls are BS anyway.

Rolling Stone's top 100 guitarist have Keith Richards as number 4 but Steve Morse did not even make the top 100. Get real. That also puts Keith Richards way ahead of Stevie Ray Vaughan, Billy Gibbons, and Warren Haines.

If you aren't a musician stay out of the polls because you will only demonstrate that you haven't a clue what you are talking about.