NYC loses 1K restaurants, Applebee's fires 1k w/$15 min

Fucking Marx0crats... ---> https://www.onenewsnow.com/business/...tGSIPo.twitter

The $15 minimum wage that Leftist politicians pushed through in Seattle and New York City has taken a major toll on many businesses, with the Big Apple losing a devastating 1,000 restaurants – while the popular chain Applebee’s had to fire more than 1,000 servers to accommodate the liberal minimum wage hike there.

Restaurant owners, waiters and waitresses are not the only ones hurt by the progressive policy.

“[L]iberals’ minimum wage demands have done severe damage to Seattle's and New York’s businesses,” Townhall reported. “Instead of typical servers, [the CEO of Applebee’s New York franchise, Zane Tankel] explained that they will soon be replaced by concierges, who merely check on customers from time to time to make them feel ‘warm and comfortable.’"

Liberals attack eateries

Tankel maintains that the far Left-leaning Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y.) and Democratic New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio have not only wreaked havoc for businesses and their employees – they have detrimentally affected the dining experiences of countless New Yorkers.

"The model now that we're heading towards – where we had one server for three or four tables – we're moving towards one server for 10 tables … eliminating about two-thirds of our labor ultimately,” he explained, according to Townhall. “But it's because of Cuomo, De Blasio – the liberal agenda."
  • WTF
  • 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Make up your mind dicklicker....I thought you wanted to run out the Mexicans so as to increase wages!
Make up your mind dicklicker....I thought you wanted to run out the Mexicans so as to increase wages! Originally Posted by WTF
The Leadman in construction makes 4-5 hundred a day. His helpers/wetbacks make 125.00-175.00 a day... AMERICANS can live on that pay. Just like wait staff can/could live off of TIPS.

Get up and get your own glass of 0zombie kool-aid, TYT (The Young Turk)... from Meyerland

You fail to understand the means of wage increase that would occur by getting rid of ILLEGALs (not Mexicans unless they are here illegally; stupid ass libtard). The wage would naturally increase based on the limited supply of workers. Artificially raising the wage without the prerequisite demand for labor results in the reduction of staff if not the elimination of the business.

A great example of wage increase occurring naturally was in Louisiana after Katrina. The supply of labor was almost non-existent and the fast food joints were paying way above 15 bucks an hour just to get workers.

The above cited examples were mainly inclusive of food establishments. It would be interesting to know what other businesses have either moved or closed as a result of this ill thought out program.

The above cited examples were mainly inclusive of food establishments. It would be interesting to know what other businesses have either moved or closed as a result of this ill thought out program. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

No worries....those businesses will be tracked, as well. Its just a matter of time before the results are revealed. Stay tuned....
Yet more proof that the 15$ hr min wage push was NOT a good idea!
No. We need to keep,our slave class under control. Let's take away their health care. That'll do it!

What a bunch of ASSHOLES!

Oh, and OneNewsNow=FAKE NEWS!
  • WTF
  • 07-18-2017, 08:53 AM
The Leadman in construction makes 4-5 hundred a day. His helpers/wetbacks make 125.00-175.00 a day... AMERICANS can live on that pay. Just like wait staff can/could live off of TIPS.

Get up and get your own glass of 0zombie kool-aid, TYT (The Young Turk)... from Meyerland
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
In case you forgot ... DeD added another rule.

***NOTICE*** Additional topic added to the Political forum rules...

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...87&postcount =1

No type of racial slurs shall be allowed, not even in this forum...
  • WTF
  • 07-18-2017, 08:56 AM

A great example of wage increase occurring naturally was in Louisiana after Katrina. The supply of labor was almost non-existent and the fast food joints were paying way above 15 bucks an hour just to get workers.

. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
LOL....all we need is another hurricane!

How many illegal workers did you see used in the clean up after Katrina?

Or did you not check their greencards?
No. We need to keep,our slave class under control. Let's take away their health care. That'll do it!

What a bunch of ASSHOLES!

Oh, and OneNewsNow=FAKE NEWS! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Let me guess, you see the NY times, MSNBC and CNN as the most reliable news sources out there..
Hey WTF, were yo not aware that Mexican is not a race but a nationality?
You need me to splain that to you in english or espanol?

I did not participate in the clean up and we do check for green cards at my business.
We do not hire illegal aliens.

Again, you fail to see the point. It has nothing to do with a hurricane but with the availability of workers. I you cant get wetbacks to work on your jobs you have to hire somebody else. If they do not want to work for your cheap ass pay you will still need workers. This means you will get your project done much slower with the workers you can find, you may actually have to get off your ass and do some of the work yourself, or you have to offer more money to get people to work on your job. It really isnt that difficult of a concept. But you probably pay by the piece rather than the hour so it doesn't really matter to you.
Good to see iffylube got a raise when it went to $15.
In case you forgot ... DeD added another rule... Originally Posted by WTF
Is this why they call you Snitchfuck, the hall monitor?

Don't forget to remind asswipe the next time he goes on a rant against "Messicans", you hypocritical wetback exploiter.

Now RTM that, you fucking twat.
  • WTF
  • 07-18-2017, 04:16 PM

Again, you fail to see the point. It has nothing to do with a hurricane but with the availability of workers. . Originally Posted by The2Dogs
You brought up Katrina. I understand supply and demand.

So maybe you will understand this, not sure , but fingers crossed.

Let's stick to restaurants .... it does not matter to the restaurants owner why the price of wage has gone to 15 dollars. It will have the same impact. That is why the fuck I brought up this immigration policy. One reason Trump and you Trump lovers said was to raise the pay scale.

So if in fact Trump's immigration plan works as planned....it would have the exact same effect as wtf Iffy was making fun of in the original post. That is to say it could even drive wages above 15 dollars an hour!

Is that to hard to understand? They both are trying to do the exact same thing. Raise wages so Americans will work those jobs.