cal 3 split - poll doesn't look good.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/Poll...c-ff7533569df9

California voters will also be asked to vote yes or no on an initiative called CAL3, or the California Three States Initiative.

Vote Yes .. 13%
Vote No ... 75%
Undecided . 12%

these people have the case of stupids.

I guess things will have to get worse before they realize its time for a split.
even if this horseshit had passed (maybe Gov. Moonbeam needs to rally the illegal vote?) and if it made it past the Cali Supreme Court (doubtful) it would never get past a Senate vote.
even if this horseshit had passed (maybe Gov. Moonbeam needs to rally the illegal vote?) and if it made it past the Cali Supreme Court (doubtful) it would never get past a Senate vote. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Or enough States.
True dat!!
I thought TX was the only state that could legally breakup and legally secede.
This is an interesting states rights argument. By legal precedent a state can alter its borders but they do have the approval of the US House. Hasn't been a case where the Fed's tried to block an individual state from doing this.
Pshhh. Last thing they need are 6 senators!
I've been thinking on a possible scenario where congress does not approve of the split.

currently... the pecking order of a government is:
town/city
county
state
federal

If cal 3 passes and if house/senate says no, they can still do the split under a different arrangement of governance in this example:

town/city
county
province
state
federal

I couldn't come up with a better word other than province. it has the same meaning as the state. in this example, however, a province is a mega-county.

with this arrangement, the state would be split into 3 provinces. this would give them 3 governors or 3 lieutenant governors and 1 governor.

at the state level; 55 house seats would be divided between the three provinces. the state would have only 2 senators. (this is only because california wasn't split up)

something like this requires changing the state constitution.

and the other possibility is to make part of post-california a territory which is basically lower than the town/city. something nobody wants.

of course, this governing arrangement is speculative. feel free to poke holes in this idea.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/three-cal...143659574.html

heres an update on this.

opponents of the cal 3 plan succeeded in getting it off of the November ballot.

the california state supreme court has ruled that it should not be on the ballot.

th
Quite the California expert, ain’t you BONE COLLECTOR!
Quite the California expert, ain’t you BONE COLLECTOR! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

what collection dipshit? the only bone up your ass is your fractured sphincter.
Stay in California.
these people have the case of stupids.

I guess things will have to get worse before they realize its time for a split. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

IMO unless the split is made to where the 4 big cities (LA/SF/SD and Sacremento) are in one part, while the Conservative rural areas are in the other, ANY SPLIT they try to push for, will wind up including at least one of the main liberal havens being 'in charge' of rural zones, so nothing will wind up changing. The Conservatives living in said rural areas, will still wind up being drowned out by the sheer numbers of liberals in those big cities.. WHICH IS THE Problem they currently have.

Or enough States. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I'd actually be OK with a split where CA shifts, like how VA and WVA split.