UT makes student reflect on 'masculinity' as punishment

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11139

A University of Texas-Austin student was forced to reflect on a film about toxic masculinity after a Title IX investigation found him guilty of harassment based on a non-criminal standard of evidence.

this is pretty stupid thing to do to a student.
It would be beneficial to know exactly what this student's "crimes" were.
It would be beneficial to know exactly what this student's "crimes" were. Originally Posted by Jackie S
it was in the article:
The student—who requested anonymity—graduated in Spring with a JD. During his time in law school, a female student filed six Title IX complaints against him over two years: three for harassment, two for stalking, and one for violation of a no-contact order.

the school used a weak standard of evidence to convict him of said "crimes". schools shouldn't be the place to conduct trials like this.

so much for the University of Texas-Austin. what an odd name for a school of higher learning which is more like higher snowflakes!
Go Aggies!
Go Aggies! Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

UTA aren't the Aggies for sure!
Well, if he just had one or two complaints, i'd agree. BUT six does to ME< show a trend of something being up.

BUT making him have to 'reflect on his masculinity'?? WHAT was that?
Well, if he just had one or two complaints, i'd agree. BUT six does to ME< show a trend of something being up.

BUT making him have to 'reflect on his masculinity'?? WHAT was that? Originally Posted by garhkal

that was stupidity at work. also, thats an abuse of power.

notice that they tried this student in a "campus court room" where the allegations/evidence was entered under a weak standard. I think (not sure) the student wasn't allowed to defend himself.

Sect. of Education DeVos has pushed for a change in that area, have a higher standard of proof like that found in a court room.
UTA aren't the Aggies for sure! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Who?

When was the last time you were in Arlington, BONE COLLECTOR?
that was stupidity at work. also, thats an abuse of power. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Wait until he applies for permission to take the bar exam, and seeks a license.
that was stupidity at work. also, thats an abuse of power.

notice that they tried this student in a "campus court room" where the allegations/evidence was entered under a weak standard. I think (not sure) the student wasn't allowed to defend himself.

Sect. of Education DeVos has pushed for a change in that area, have a higher standard of proof like that found in a court room. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Then if i was that kid, i would sue, for deprival of his due process rights.
Then if i was that kid, i would sue, for deprival of his due process rights. Originally Posted by garhkal
I believe you may be "on to something" now. "Kid"!!!

Like I said ... if he's planning on practicing law in Texas ... he's got some "hurdles" to get over ....

... I knew some guys in the early 70's who were prohibited from taking the bar exam by the bar committee because they exercised their 1st amendment right to peacefully protest the Vietnam War on the UT campus. They were TICKETED for "disturbing the peace"!

They all got "due process"!
I believe you may be "on to something" now. "Kid"!!!

Like I said ... if he's planning on practicing law in Texas ... he's got some "hurdles" to get over ....

... I knew some guys in the early 70's who were prohibited from taking the bar exam by the bar committee because they exercised their 1st amendment right to peacefully protest the Vietnam War on the UT campus. They were TICKETED for "disturbing the peace"!

They all got "due process"! Originally Posted by LexusLover

These days they'd get an A for "Disturbing the peace"..
These days they'd get an A for "Disturbing the peace".. Originally Posted by garhkal
It would depend on whose "peace" they were disturbing, today.
it was in the article:
The student—who requested anonymity—graduated in Spring with a JD. During his time in law school, a female student filed six Title IX complaints against him over two years: three for harassment, two for stalking, and one for violation of a no-contact order.

the school used a weak standard of evidence to convict him of said "crimes". schools shouldn't be the place to conduct trials like this.

so much for the University of Texas-Austin. what an odd name for a school of higher learning which is more like higher snowflakes! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
He was a young male doing what what young men do. If a female doesn't know how to use her feminine wiles (instead of always showing their T&A) and say, "Please leave me alone" with a little authority then I would say she doesn't want him to leave her alone, she is playing games with him. Provocative??? Yes, especially being a female who has been there numerous times over the years and been able with a little cogent dialogue to the dissipate the situation.. The problem today is the kiddies "get passed" with all F's because God knows "we don't want to offend anyone". We have a bunch of moron kids running around who can't carry non a conversation with words that have more than 2 syllables to.

I'm not exactly sure how Title IX pertains to her situation:

"On June 23, 1972, the President signed Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. §1681 et seq., into law. Title IX is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity".

That President, of course being President Nixon.