Another Anachronism - The Spelling Bee

Can you imagine interviewing someone for a job and the person telling you, "I should be hired for this job because I won the regional spelling bee in Pisswater USA back in 2007."
Fuck - why waste hours and hours a day on spelling shit when the fucking computer spell checks everything anyway?
Yet, it gets more press than ever - idiotic.
Can you imagine interviewing someone for a job and the person telling you, "I should be hired for this job because I won the regional spelling bee in Pisswater USA back in 2007."
Fuck - why waste hours and hours a day on spelling shit when the fucking computer spell checks everything anyway?
Yet, it gets more press than ever - idiotic. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Are you mad because they are all being won by kids from India and China now?

Actually, the ability to spell is a pretty good measure of intelligence. If I knew a potential hire won a high-level spelling bee, I would be interested.
http://www.themathlab.com/writings/s...es/feeling.htm Originally Posted by Stanfeld
WTF? You're new here, aren't you?
Giving JL some backup.
The only time I even remember they exist is when the news carries the item and everyone has a look on their face like something important has happened, when in fact computers are more useful for that job.
Giving JL some backup. Originally Posted by Stanfeld
You mean BACKSIDE, right?

BTW -- welcome to the sandbox.