Much Like Flowers, Highly Sensitive People Are Beautiful Yet Fragile ...

I was doing a search on sensitivity and came across this beautiful and poignant article, parts of which I would love to share with you.. and perhaps it will speak to some of you .... I feel I could have written it myself!

it's long but a good read. Enjoy

"It is hard being a highly sensitive person in a world that has yet to fully understand highly sensitive people and our innate sensibility to our less sensitive brethren. Often ridiculed and teased for displaying behaviors that represent weakness and lack of confidence in the world of non-sensitive people. Add to this, the mounting problems humanity is faced with on a daily basis, both socially and economically and it is easy to see why highly sensitive people might struggle somewhat to adapt to this overwhelmingly intense existence.

Sure, there are certain aspects of life that highly sensitive people often struggle with, such as public speaking, socializing or performing while under scrutiny, but that's not to say we are unable to do these things. We just have to work harder at it due to our extreme sensitivity. However, as you are about to see, highly sensitive people 'do' have a purpose and are sensitive for a reason, not just some random fluke of nature.

Highly sensitive people are able to sense emotion in others This ability is an extremely useful one as highly sensitive people are able to help those who are in emotional pain, even when they are attempting to hide their real feelings. This means Highly sensitive people make gifted psychologists, counselors and teachers although at first it can be overwhelming due to the bombardment of emotions. Perseverance is another HSP trait, thankfully!

As a result of our heightened sense of feeling and emotion highly sensitive people are in tune with other people's feelings on a much deeper level than most are. This makes us great parents who are able to sense the needs of our children.

Highly sensitive people experience incredibly powerful love.
While in love, there isn't a person alive that does not at once become charged with vital energy that enthuses them with vigor and the power conquer any obstacle, but when it comes to highly sensitive people, love is incredibly, even stronger. A highly sensitive person experiences this sudden rush of energy, yes, but the strength of the feeling involved and all those wonderful little reactions the body goes through are multiplied tenfold! The recipient of this love will be overjoyed at the raw power they are being loved with and the highly sensitive lover will be in heaven.

Highly sensitive people are extremely creative and sometimes the ideas that pour forth from us are met with surprise because they are so unique and unorthodox. This is why many highly sensitive people become artists, teachers and writers. Their creativity knows no bounds!

A highly sensitive person's unusually powerful sense of intuition means we literally have 6 senses rather than the usual 5 and this is what makes this trait one of my favorites. There have been many times when my intuition has saved me from making the wrong decision. It is as if we are able to 'feel' our way through life, listening to the signals from our unusually powerful gut instincts that guide us as we go. If nurtured and used correctly, i.e, listened to and not ignored, it can become a powerful gift. Isn't it interesting that 'gut instinct' refers to the area of the stomach being that this is where the central nervous system is - another brain if you will - a brain that feels!

Highly sensitive people also experience tremble-inducing amounts of pleasure which makes for some amazingly powerful highs throughout life. Some highly sensitive people become 'pleasure junkies' and actively seek out pleasure-giving activities due to the intensity of the feelings they receive while doing something they enjoy. Love-making is out of this world!

Compassion and kindness are two words that are synonymous with highly sensitive people, obviously due to our ability to feel and sense what others may feel or be feeling as a consequence of an action taken. We make great counselors and can sit and listen to others talk of their problems for hours if need be. Of course, due to our high sensitivity we do need to recharge more often than others.

Highly sensitive people are also known to be hardworking and dedicated to our jobs almost to the point of perfectionism which makes us a great addition to any workforce.

As a HSP (highly sensitive person) I can vouch for the fact that the minds of highly sensitive people are incredibly imaginative and are able to produce extremely vivid and colorful imagery. This is due to the fact that the minds of highly sensitive people can process information more thoroughly, as well as arouse the deep and meaningful feelings required to color each image with a touch of reality.

Highly sensitive people can walk into a room and instantly notice the myriad of subtleties contained within, such as the moods of the people in the room, the lighting, smells, crooked pictures on the wall etc. Yes, of course other people notice these things too, but because highly sensitive people are almost always in fight or flight mode, their senses are always alert and scanning the surrounding area.

Highly sensitive people are also gifted at piecing together the future from just a few fragments of evidence. This an ability that should be utilized more by companies as a well-trained HSP is able to accurately predict the outcome of decisions concerning an area that they are familiar with especially when in regard to human behavior.

If highly sensitive people were not so easily overwhelmed they would make excellent detectives, not only because they are highly aware of their surroundings but also because they are able to detect lies. Highly sensitive people are so in tune with life's rhythm that they are able to detect slight changes in the atmosphere and also notice erratic or suspicious behavior in others. Lie to a HSP at your own peril!

A highly sensitive person is also very unlikely to harm others or take any action that will cause distress to others. This is because it is in our nature to carefully and thoughtfully analyze each situation before acting. We know the consequences of our actions before taking them due to our ability to piece together the future.

According to studies done by Doctor Elaine Aron on highly sensitive people, our brains process information more thoroughly which is probably why we are able to answer questions before they are asked, or predict the future. A wonderful ability! This may make us seem slower to others because we take longer to process but we are by no means less intelligent, far from it!

A HSP can also understand non-speaking entities such as animals and even plants which is why many highly sensitive people love being outdoors in natural areas with few people. In the vicinity of nature we are in close proximity to plants, trees, animals and are able to 'feel' the ebb and flow of life. It can be a highly pleasurable experience to just , for example, lie in a flowery meadow basking in the sun and watching the life all around ... even the blades of grass swaying in the breeze. Bliss!

Highly sensitive people often retreat into ourselves during those times when we are feeling overwhelmed by over-stimulation and this gives us a chance to be with ourselves spiritually and mentally. In doing so we are able to know ourselves on a much deeper and meaningful level. Activities such as watching T.V, partying, going to concerts etc are usually off-limits to highly sensitive people, leaving lots of time for meditation and contemplation which comes naturally to HSPs.

Quite often, highly sensitive people are able to recall dreams. This is due to our brain's ability to process information more thoroughly.
Another reason highly sensitive people find it easy to recall their dreams is because their dreams are often very life-like and detailed and so are easier to remember due to their sheer complexity.

When highly sensitive people are near the sea or any other natural form of water, we experience feelings of bliss and contentedness. This must be because of our gentle and passive nature, although we are still capable of showing the other face of water, the raw, unstoppable, powerful force, when pushed too far.

As Highly sensitive people are continuously in fight or flight mode, we have no need of stimulants most of the time, in fact stimulants do more harm than good. We are already aroused enough as it is without the kick up the backside that coffee gives!"

Link: (http://richawriter.hubpages.com/hub/...nsitive-People)
Sounds like some actors I know. They think that they are gifted when it comes to feeling and being sensitive but in reality they are some of the most boorish, callous people I've ever met. They just don't think so and you are terrible for thinking that they are not as they believe. Kind of a circular feeling instead of logic. They are extra sensitive and you aren't so you can't judge them or even understand them.
Sounds like some actors I know. They think that they are gifted when it comes to feeling and being sensitive but in reality they are some of the most boorish, callous people I've ever met. They just don't think so and you are terrible for thinking that they are not as they believe. Kind of a circular feeling instead of logic. They are extra sensitive and you aren't so you can't judge them or even understand them. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
It is what it is...