Craigslist personals axed, blames Congress

Craigslist has axed their entire personals section and has this on its web page:

"US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!"

Wow. A web site can be held liable for someone else's illegal activity? Wonder how this is going to affect every hobbying web site out there including ECCIE?
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2018, 08:53 AM
https://www.scribd.com/document/3670...H-R-1865-FOSTA

Congress finds the following:
(1) Section 230 of the Communications Act of
1934 (47 U.S.C. 230; commonly known as the
‘‘Communications Decency Act of 1996’’) was never
intended to provide legal protection to websites that
facilitate traffickers in advertising the sale of unlaw-
ful sex acts with sex trafficking victims.
(2) Clarification of such section is warranted to
ensure that such section does not provide such pro-
tection to such websites.
This is the FOSTA legislation I noted a few weeks ago. It’s an insane bill and it just passed the Senate (after the House) in almost record time. It will have significant effects for the ladies around here.

I think it will be ruled unconstitutional but that will take time. The act doesn’t go into effect until 2019.
Wow. A web site can be held liable for someone else's illegal activity? Wonder how this is going to affect every hobbying web site out there including ECCIE? Originally Posted by tim mathews

I believe Tim's question was intended for someone with actual qualification (ie: Icky Management) to chime in on.....not the forum's resident idiot spammer who can't help but post on EVERY gd thread in this forum.
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2018, 10:38 AM
I believe Tim's question was intended for someone with actual qualification (ie: Icky Management) to chime in on..... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Is that what you believe CB?

I guess you believe eccie will have their lagal counsel write a reply as to what they believe the legal ramifications will be!

Some of us saw this coming three years ago....actully even a bit longer.

So maybe you should talk less and listen more.
.......not the forum's resident idiot spammer who can't help but post on EVERY gd thread in this forum. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot

I'll repeat in case you didn't read it clearly per the first time around...the forum's resident idiot spammer.

No one blusters more within this forum than you. No one offers up their unsolicited opinion...at the drop of a hat...more than you do. No one is more of a self-annointed authority on practically every possible subject....than you are.

What would be amazing....stunning...astoundi ng....would be to see you NOT post commentary within this forum for an entire week. Honestly, with 34,000+ posts AND growing, I don't believe you're capable to abstaining for that length of time.

THAT'S what I believe.
So maybe you should talk less and listen more. Originally Posted by WTF
Take your own advice, jackass.
...with 34,000+ posts AND growing, I don't believe you're capable to abstaining for that length of time. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
He isn't. Just ask bobbeemagee. Or any of the other handles he uses whenever he is banned.
Some of us saw this coming three years ago....actully (sic) even a bit longer. Originally Posted by WTF
Oh my! Snitchfuck the know-it-all is tooting his own horn again!

There is an old adage that "the aim of all education is to teach you how little you know."

By that standard - we can all see how severely uneducated snitchy is!
Wow. A web site can be held liable for someone else's illegal activity? Wonder how this is going to affect every hobbying web site out there including ECCIE? Originally Posted by tim mathews
But yet Youtube can host extremist recruiting videos, or crooks live streaming their CRIME, but are 'cleared' of any liability.
What total codswallop.
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2018, 03:01 PM

No one blusters more within this forum than you. No one offers up their unsolicited opinion...at the drop of a hat...more than you do. No one is more of a self-annointed authority on practically every possible subject....than you are.

THAT'S what I believe. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
You can you believe you can fly....i can not help that i know more about politics and policy and the history of the two than most of you right-wing Loons

Btw...Check out LexyLiars post count you lying peckerhead
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2018, 03:04 PM
He isn't. Just ask bobbeemagee. Or any of the other handles he uses whenever he is banned. Originally Posted by lustylad
you keep talking s*** and I'll sic cjohnny on your dumbass
Chicken Little WTF

Read the many varied posts on FOSTA and SESTA on this and other forums.

Craigslist has been targeted before.

They know what it feels like.

They're doing the same thing Backpage did when they were pressured into shutting down their adult section.

Be afraid people all kinds of sites are going down or deleting questionable profiles.

The fear is strong and many more sites will be shutting down over time.

Scrub everything and go old school with a black book.
is it too late to get a refund on my lifetime premium access?