Carpetbagger Liz Cheney throws her own sister under the bus

Her own sister. What a piece of shit. Even Dick Cheney supports his daughter in her life style choices and is willing to step up and say so publicly. Of course, he's not trying to appeal to Wyoming voters anymore. One would think that loyalty to a family member would matter more than making sure you bash gay marriage. But, I guess not for some people.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...9.html?ml=po_r
Her own sister. What a piece of shit. Even Dick Cheney supports his daughter in her life style choices and is willing to step up and say so publicly. Of course, he's not trying to appeal to Wyoming voters anymore. One would think that loyalty to a family member would matter more than making sure you bash gay marriage. But, I guess not for some people.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...9.html?ml=po_r Originally Posted by timpage
Makes no fucking sense.

Oppositions to gay marriage might work in Bible belt states among social conservatives. But she isn't running in Alabama.

Mountain state conservatives tend to be live-and-let-live conservatives with a fairly strong libertarian streak. They would probably not vote against her over support for gay marriage.

Of course the exception to that would be Utah. But again, that is a religious/social conservative concern.
  • CJ7
  • 11-19-2013, 06:09 PM
bet they fought over dolls in their youth too

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...9.html?ml=po_r Originally Posted by timpage

Number one, I don't think you know what a carpetbagger is. Cheney went to elementary school in Wyoming. Second, just because you disagree with gay marriage doesn't mean you oppose gay people any more than not liking musical theater means you hate gay people. What did she do to you to make you so stupid with hate? Why do you hate women?
Number one, I don't think you know what a carpetbagger is. Cheney went to elementary school in Wyoming. Second, just because you disagree with gay marriage doesn't mean you oppose gay people any more than not liking musical theater means you hate gay people. What did she do to you to make you so stupid with hate? Why do you hate women? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You follow me around like a little puppy nipping at my heels.

Liz Cheney hasn't lived in Wyoming since she was in junior high school. She moved back to Wyoming in 2012 for the express purpose of running for the United States Senate because she knew she wasn't going to win a seat in Virginia, which is where she lived for almost all of her adult life.

And now, you halfwit, the definition of the word "carpetbagger":

"An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality."

Does that cover it for you asshat?

I'll address your other stupid argument later.

"An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality." Originally Posted by timpage
That would seem to cover Liz Cheney in 2013.

And Hillary Clinton in 2000.
  • CJ7
  • 11-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Number one, I don't think you know what a carpetbagger is. Cheney went to elementary school in Wyoming. Second, just because you disagree with gay marriage doesn't mean you oppose gay people any more than not liking musical theater means you hate gay people. What did she do to you to make you so stupid with hate? Why do you hate women? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

number two, neither do you ... Porfessor
Wouldn't she be a hypocrite if she was against Gay Marriage in every instance except her sisters?
  • Old-T
  • 11-20-2013, 09:07 PM
That would seem to cover Liz Cheney in 2013.

And Hillary Clinton in 2000. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Sure enough does. And toss in Robert Kennedy, Jr. while you are at it. I suspect we could put together a very long list of such folks.
  • Old-T
  • 11-20-2013, 09:15 PM
I have spent enough time in WYO recently and have therefore spent time listening to candidate Cheney talk (there isn't much else to listen to in WYO at times). I don't like her, I don't like a lot of her positions, I think she has inherited Papa Dick's arrogance (and unlike him she has no reason to think she deserves that right), but I think from the pieces I have heard I have to stick up for her on this point. I have heard her talk strongly for traditional marriage, but unlike some such people she never seemed to personally attack the gays seeking to marry. She may well have said things in forums I didn't hear, and can't comment on those, but it sounded like she was going out of her way to sound human on that topic and not to throw her sister under the bus while still disagreeing with her.
Sure enough does. And toss in Robert Kennedy, Jr. while you are at it. I suspect we could put together a very long list of such folks. Originally Posted by Old-T

You are probably thinking of Robert F. Kennedy, the former Senator from NY who was shot and killed in 1968. The son ain't running for nothing, yet.
You follow me around like a little puppy nipping at my heels.

Liz Cheney hasn't lived in Wyoming since she was in junior high school. She moved back to Wyoming in 2012 for the express purpose of running for the United States Senate because she knew she wasn't going to win a seat in Virginia, which is where she lived for almost all of her adult life.

"An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality."

Does that cover it for you asshat?

I'll address your other stupid argument later. Originally Posted by timpage

Okay, you've demonstrated that you don't know certain words. Try this without looking it up (I say that but you're just a cheater) where was Eisenhower born? Better still, where was Obama born?
The subject may be gay lifestyle or whatever but if sisters are bashing sisters there is likely more history there than just sexual orientation. Fights between siblings often get harsh and participants like martial artists pick up whatever weapons are handy and whack away. She might care less her sister is gay but if she knows the subject in a moment of rage pull out that card and play it.