Black Families of Shooting Victims at the DNC.. Why?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ry-clinton-ov/

seems extremely risky and divisive.. I'm sure Trump seized partially on this to portray himself the "Law and order candidate" last night.. what does the Democratic Party gain from this parade? I can envision great backlash, but no new support, so why are they doing this?
I agree I wouldn't do it. They're playing right into Trumps hands. I think though this is a calculated move by the rich leftists who funds the BLM movement. They're looking to pull together and galvanize support on all of the current social issues in order to reign in the Sanders supporters. I suspect that's what going on.
I will add I fully expect Clinton to beat Trump once Bernie gives his defense and rabid endorsement of her at the convention.
I agree I wouldn't do it. They're playing right into Trumps hands. I think though this is a calculated move by the rich leftists who funds the BLM movement. They're looking to pull together and galvanize support on all of the current social issues in order to reign in the Sanders supporters. I suspect that's what going on. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
interesting take. I should have known to follow the money!
Trump is supporting the police, who are for the most part supporting him, so the Democrats have to solidify the VICTIMS into their base to assure they don't "DEFECT" to Trump, based on THE FACT that the current administration (including their candidate) hasn't done anything for the minorities in this country.
Trump is supporting the police, who are for the most part supporting him, so the Democrats have to solidify the VICTIMS into their base to assure they don't "DEFECT" to Trump, based on THE FACT that the current administration (including their candidate) hasn't done anything for the minorities in this country. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Let the "gentle giant's" mom get up and speak. Give her a prime time slot.

"My young boy was just walking down the street after strong arming some old store manager who wanted him to pay for his smokes. He didn't kill nobody. He just roughed the old man up a little.

And all that stuff about going for that cops gun. Well, my son didn't have no gun. Is it fair for the cop to have a gun if my son didn't. That cop started it all anyway. Roughing up a old store clerk ain't no big deal in the hood. My boy just wanted to get back some of what they take.

If my boy would have got that cops gun, he would be alive today."
Trump is supporting the police, who are for the most part supporting him, so the Democrats have to solidify the VICTIMS into their base to assure they don't "DEFECT" to Trump, based on THE FACT that the current administration (including their candidate) hasn't done anything for the minorities in this country. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Dems don't have to solidify the "Victims" vote. Those aren't moving into the Trump column simply based on the historical lack of out reach to those communities. I would challenge you though to revisit this idea or notion of a particular administration or candidate (on either side) making fiscal policy changes soley for the benefit of one minority group, especially when there are many more poor whites who need the same help.

Isn't this the kind of thing we don't want? Isn't this the kind of thing most American's are fighting against. When the needle moves for the majority then it will move for the minority in most cases. Are you suggesting Congress plays no role in helping move that needle for the minority? Are you suggesting Obama can suddenly educate millions who need education? Are you suggesting Obama can undo decades of institutional biases across Corporate and Blue collar America so that blacks can start pouring into the workforce en-mass?

My point is there is a ton of work that needs to be done in Congress that a POTUS doesn't have the power to change. Just want to ensure we are still dealing in fact and not emotion.
I can envision great backlash, but no new support, so why are they doing this? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I got two words for ya...

'George Soros'

He's the money behind BLM and the Dims.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ry-clinton-ov/

seems extremely risky and divisive.. I'm sure Trump seized partially on this to portray himself the "Law and order candidate" last night.. what does the Democratic Party gain from this parade? I can envision great backlash, but no new support, so why are they doing this? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
They are democrats........
Let the "gentle giant's" mom get up and speak. Give her a prime time slot.

"My young boy was just walking down the street after strong arming some old store manager who wanted him to pay for his smokes. He didn't kill nobody. He just roughed the old man up a little.

And all that stuff about going for that cops gun. Well, my son didn't have no gun. Is it fair for the cop to have a gun if my son didn't. That cop started it all anyway. Roughing up a old store clerk ain't no big deal in the hood. My boy just wanted to get back some of what they take.

If my boy would have got that cops gun, he would be alive today." Originally Posted by Jackie S
+ 1 !!!!!
Having Michael Brown's mother speak at the DNC is a disgrace. A total disgrace, and an insult to every law enforcement officer in the US. But you know what? LE will STILL protect her, and the convention goers from violence to the best of their ability. Despite the insult.
Just want to ensure we are still dealing in fact and not emotion. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
I'm dealing with a campaign. That's about emotions.

You are seeking to justify and/or lay blame for inappropriate behavior.

Example: Terrorism is the result of poverty!
Having Michael Brown's mother speak at the DNC is a disgrace. A total disgrace, and an insult to every law enforcement officer in the US. But you know what? LE will STILL protect her, and the convention goers from violence to the best of their ability. Despite the insult. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Well crooks begot crooks. I'm sure that Hillary Rodham Clinton is more comfortable with parents of crooks than she is with parents of successful developers who have earned their living building things ...

I don't know if the store owner was a Republican or a Democrat, but I'm sure she would be "right at home" with the parents of these fine Democrats helping themselves to "whatever" isn't nailed down! After all: It's Officer Wilson's fault, right?
I'm dealing with a campaign. That's about emotions.

You are seeking to justify and/or lay blame for inappropriate behavior.

Example: Terrorism is the result of poverty! Originally Posted by LexusLover

Please go back and address my last set of questions to you in this thread. Thanks
Please go back and address my last set of questions to you in this thread. Thanks Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Why? I'm personally not interested in responding to rhetorical questions.

Parading Michael Brown's mother around is not what "we" expect of our government .... nor do "we" expect our government to misrepresent someone killed by a branch of the government as being unjustifiably shot while failing to pass a law that will prohibit illegal aliens from remaining and returning to this country after they kill someone who has done NOTHING TO THE ILLEGAL ALIEN or anyone else that would remotely explain why she should be shot ...

.. but this administration (Hillary) desire to make Black people think Republicans want to kill them and that the Republicans are supporting law enforcement to do that .... just like they want illegal aliens to believe the Republicans want to split up their families they ILLEGAL brought into this country.

When a Presidential candidate is ok with being a criminal and obtains the government's approval over that criminal behavior by not allowing THE PEOPLE to determine her guilt or innocence .... it is apparent why elevating Michael Brown to an innocent saint that was butchered by a police officer is acceptable to the Democratic Party.

I have always considered myself to be a Democrat. That's not acceptable to me.

Nor is this!