who agrees with the strip search ruling

• WTF
  • 04-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I find that many people I know that call for smaller government are for this. Am I in the minority?
I am opposed to it for any soliciting charge in case it happens to me! Seriously, it's one of those calls that should have better selection method of who gets searched. The guy had not paid parking tickets and therefore a warrant was issued and he got the dry finger for it, that's not really cool. But a meth dealing gangsta that gets busted should have every hole poked and prodded, imo.
I kind of like the cavity search myself.
I find that many people I know that call for smaller government are for this. Am I in the minority? Originally Posted by WTF

if you find that people you know are for strip searching and at the same time they also wish for a smaller government, you could possibly be in the minority if you had two or more acquaintances who knew those same people and they didn't find them to be for such things.

btw, is many most?
Absolutely, unequivocally opposed. Ridiculous decision.
If he uses 2 buckets of flem to pronounce his name...I'm checking his shoes for fuses.
Ooopps just realized you already posted on this. Let me see if I can go delete my post!
  • CJ7
  • 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
what would keep a person from being intentionally arrested for something very minor and smuggling something to a friend who was already there for doing something very major ?

Hey, HowUdoin'? where youz guys keep Vinnie anyways?
I don't know about this ruling. Apparently from the Washington Post in some states strip searches of this kind are illegal for minor offenses. Most states don't require it for minor offenses.

CJ7 in most cases people are put in a holding cell they usually do a very very thorough job of checking your clothing, not letting any metal get in like say metal from bras, or shoe laces.. generally taken off. They check the clothing and the seams and everything for possible drugs sewn in the lining. You don't get that kind of invasive strip searching however until you are actually being processed if you get that far. In most cases people have someone get them out of jail within the first 24 hours before processing or they are let go.

I worry about the potential harassment this offers. Like the Occupy Wallstreet people. This is something that could be abused. You wouldn't want your mother or grandmother or daughter treated like this for a minor offense would you?

From my understanding this can even be for a minor traffic offense.
More police state coercion.
  • CJ7
  • 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM
You wouldn't want your mother or grandmother or daughter treated like this for a minor offense would you?

Id lke it less if someone smuggled in a ballpoint pen and stabbed them in the chest
You wouldn't want your mother or grandmother or daughter treated like this for a minor offense would you?

Id lke it less if someone smuggled in a ballpoint pen and stabbed them in the chest Originally Posted by CJ7
Well in my experience minor offenses generally don't even make as far as processing in a jail. (which can take more than 48 hours) Most are just held in a holding cell just long enough till someone comes and gets them or they are let go because it is something minor. They don't even make it to strip searching at that point. If your in jail long enough to be processed then you are either being held there on purpose because they think they have something more than just a minor offense and or it isn't a minor offense that you possibly committed.

By the way they don't do that type of strip searching when they throw everyone in a crowded holding cell.
  • WTF
  • 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM

Id lke it less if someone smuggled in a ballpoint pen and stabbed them in the chest Originally Posted by CJ7
I really do not want people arrested for minor offenses.
Didn't the Justices state that these seaches were only for arrested persons who were going into general population. I assume "the tank" that most people get thrown into when first arrested is considered "general population".

Wouldn't you want this?

I think your thinking of a Prison. Most jails that is so damn rare. Even more rare in a women's jail facility. It is actually more tightly controlled in a jail than it is in Prison believe it or not.