Protest analysis --countering the know it alls.

Plenty of right wing and left wing speculation on the board regarding who is behind the violence, looting and destruction. Finger pointing aplenty. Much of it done to serve one's certain perspective and viewpoint. Can we all agree that lame-brains and good-for-nothings and assholes are behind the looting and violence? The president and his AG point to Antifa. I disagree that it is so simple. But our president likes to reduce things to "simple". It makes it easier to finger point. It makes it easier to see things as us and them. We'll learn more as investigators learn more. But those of us at home in our easy chairs should be patient before sharing firm convictions about who is responsible. I cringe reading from posters here who seem to know better than anyone else. I saw this on one news source:

Officials in Minnesota believe that white supremacist “agitators” were inciting chaos at protests against police brutality and the killing of George Floyd. The Minnesota state corrections department said on Sunday that white supremacists were thought to be attending demonstrations in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, and making chaos.
“They’re agitators,” said Department of Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell on those who have caused destruction during demonstrations. Mr Schnell added that authorities were moving to break up demonstrations so that outside “agitators” could not create chaos.

So, this observation is attributed to a guy who should have some insight. Maybe he's wrong, but his sources are far better placed than anyone on this board's sources, I suspect. There's far more to the story behind the violence, destruction and theft than simply pointing to a single group and saying it's them.
  • oeb11
  • 06-01-2020, 07:48 PM
DPST 's govenor cannot blame black folks for rioting. Asking their plantation group to take personal responsibility for their own actions, to protest peacefully under the Law -, and not riot and burn their neighborhoods - No No No - politically impossible for a Democrat to do.

gotta blame nameless unidentified "White race conspirators" using black folks as pawn to creat riots.

Sounds a lot like what Democrats do every Day - doesn't it!

Twit -head blaming process must be contagious lately among the DPST's!

So, this observation is attributed to a guy who should have some insight. Maybe he's wrong, but his sources are far better placed than anyone on this board's sources, I suspect. There's far more to the story behind the violence, destruction and theft than simply pointing to a single group and saying it's them. Originally Posted by Muy Largo
Yea! The investigation will probably begin with identifying the source of the funds to buy pallets of bricks and have them delivered to the streets where the bricks are to be thrown at windows! It may be "White Persons," but I "suspect" they are not "Radical Right-Wingers"!

That accusation reminds me of HillariousNoMore blaming "Right-Wingers" for the false claim that Monica was sucking Bill The Predator's dick in the Oval Office! And she was dumb enough to say it on national TV. Russian Collusion? Some Loons are blaming the Russians!
  • oeb11
  • 06-02-2020, 08:22 AM
I wonder what Putin's "brick invoice" must be...
According to 9500- millions of worthless russian rubles.

The whole DPST Russian collusion fails on One point - who wants to take Russian rubles to collude with Putin????

Maybe H... - she is the only One stupid enough.
Plenty of right wing and left wing speculation on the board regarding who is behind the violence, looting and destruction. Finger pointing aplenty. Much of it done to serve one's certain perspective and viewpoint. Can we all agree that lame-brains and good-for-nothings and assholes are behind the looting and violence? The president and his AG point to Antifa. I disagree that it is so simple. But our president likes to reduce things to "simple". It makes it easier to finger point. It makes it easier to see things as us and them. We'll learn more as investigators learn more. But those of us at home in our easy chairs should be patient before sharing firm convictions about who is responsible. I cringe reading from posters here who seem to know better than anyone else. I saw this on one news source:

Officials in Minnesota believe that white supremacist “agitators” were inciting chaos at protests against police brutality and the killing of George Floyd. The Minnesota state corrections department said on Sunday that white supremacists were thought to be attending demonstrations in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, and making chaos.
“They’re agitators,” said Department of Corrections Commissioner Paul Schnell on those who have caused destruction during demonstrations. Mr Schnell added that authorities were moving to break up demonstrations so that outside “agitators” could not create chaos.

So, this observation is attributed to a guy who should have some insight. Maybe he's wrong, but his sources are far better placed than anyone on this board's sources, I suspect. There's far more to the story behind the violence, destruction and theft than simply pointing to a single group and saying it's them. Originally Posted by Muy Largo

There could be some White Supremacists who don't give a fig about Floyd but want to stoke the flames of hatred towards a race war. Would they loot stores with shopping carts? Doubt it.

There may be some ANTIFA who just like breaking windows and burning down buildings like the do on college campuses. Would they be looting with shopping carts? Doubt it.

Now we get to the majority in my opinion. The common street thug be they Black, Brown or White who want to destroy what they don't have and never will have because they don't possess the skills or desire to work a 9 to 5 job. These are the people you see doing the looting trying to carry off something they can't quite get their arms around because they have to steal the biggest damn thing they can find.

That's who the majority are that are doing the burning and looting. And you know it.

So they can go on about White Supremacists and ANTFA all they want. The majority are as Obama once described them, thugs and common criminals who don't give a flying fuck about how hard those minority business men and women had to work to build that business or how long it took to get the money and permits for that food truck. None of that means shit to these people. You'll always have anti-social criminals and if we are as a society going to let them roam free, then none of us will be safe, ever.

And why are Hollywood types offering to bail out "protesters"? Has anybody been arrested for holding a sign, or were they arrested for throwing a brick at a cop? Does it even matter to Chrissy Teigen and hubby? I doubt it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/us/chrissy-teigen-minneapolis-bail-out-trnd/index.html

Teigen decided to donate $100,000 to bailing out protesters across the country.
Then, 15 minutes later -- after a Twitter user called the protesters "rioters and criminals" -- Teigen upped the ante.
"Ooo they might need more money then. Make it $200,000," she wrote.
Teigen is one of many celebrities who have chosen to donate to bail out funds to those protesting in Minnesota and across the country. Seth Rogen, Steve Carrell, Don Cheadle, Abbi Jacobson and Janelle Monáe have all said they've donated funds.
I'm guessing none of those people had their business destroyed or found anybody wondering around their property looking for something to destroy.
  • oeb11
  • 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Amen - HF
And why are Hollywood types offering to bail out "protesters"? Has anybody been arrested for holding a sign, or were they arrested for throwing a brick at a cop? Does it even matter to Chrissy Teigen and hubby? I doubt it.
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
By all accounts there have been "some" arrested for simply violating curfews. However, most of them seem to have been quickly processed, released, and issued some sort of bench or notice to appear warrant. Likely not in need of bail.
...So, this observation is attributed to a guy who should have some insight. Maybe he's wrong, ... Originally Posted by Muy Largo

The premise you have dialed is Ridiculous Bullsh*t.
Minneapolis is now a 3rd world sh*thole.
There could be some White Supremacists who don't give a fig about Floyd .... Originally Posted by HedonistForever
... and wouldn't be breaking into shoe stores to steal Nikes.

Question: why hasn't Shumer and Pelosi come out and condemned antiFa?
... and wouldn't be breaking into shoe stores to steal Nikes. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Exactly my point and neither would ANTIFA. No, the looters were everyday people looking for a Louis Vuitton payday.
Question: why hasn't Shumer and Pelosi come out and condemned antiFa? Originally Posted by gnadfly

That's what you call a rhetorical question meaning you already know the answer to that question.

yes we will. if these instigators continue then some of them will certainly get arrested. then we'll see who they really are and what their agenda is.

until then the press is going to yell "right wing!" right up until a bunch of leftist antifa thugs get arrested then they'll drop it like a hot potato
Question: why hasn't Shumer and Pelosi come out and condemned antiFa? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Simple answer... They can't.

I would take this young man's word over any media. He knows from the inside out. Former Black Lives Matter organizer. (It's fifteen minutes long, but well worth it for the education.)

• oeb11
  • 06-02-2020, 06:33 PM

Anti-Fa votes Democrat.