The Alabama Senate Race Thread

the write in votes made the difference in this race.

Alabama Senate Special
Candidate Votes.. Percent Reporting: 100%
Moore.... 650,436 48.4
Jones.... 671,151 49.9
Write-Ins. 22,819. 1.7
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
it was a very close race. lost by 1.5%.
  • WTF
  • 12-12-2017, 10:33 PM
He doesn’t own this one. He supported Strange and said Strange would have a better chance against Jones. Trump was right. He reluctantly said vote for Moore just a week ago. . Originally Posted by bambino
Trump wasn't right....had he thought Moore was going to lose, he'd of never supported him. Trump did not reluctantly say vote for Moore just two days ago when he was campaigning for him across the state line in Florida.

The big loser is Steve Bannon.
  • WTF
  • 12-12-2017, 10:38 PM
it was a very close race. lost by 1.5%. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
In Alabama! Do you realize the last time a Democrat held a Senate seat from there? The GOP should have won that seat by 20 points or Moore!

Where are the women supposed to go? They have no legal recourse....the only reason they would have stayed in the limelight would have been to testify in an ethics investigation.

The big winner tonight was the GOP....Moore would have hurt them in the 2018 elections.

Abortion is not killing babies....abortion is not murder, which is wtf you imply about abortions, unless of course you think Jones is for killing actual babies.

The only thing you got right is that Jones will probably be gone in 2020 much like Scott Brown was after he won Ted Kennedy's seat. Originally Posted by WTF
Too bad any of YOUR kin ( starting with YOU, Hovel builder ! ) weren't aborted ! But, yer Pappy did always claim that the best part of YOU was shot onto the wall of that back alley where YOUR MOM dragged her mattress ! If YOU lyin LIBS are OK with killing them IN THE WOMB, WHY have a law against murder " on demand " for anyone that survives AFTER that,and at any age ??? ! Life's cheap for YOU lyin liberals...RIGHT ???? Right up until someone is facing the death sentence !
Actually, I think Moore Will still hurt them in the 2018 elections.

Voters won’t soon forget how low Bannon and Twitler were willing to sink in validating that Clown. And it also showed where the gag factor is today. Apparently it’s shit that we can’t even discuss on a whooker board.
Actually, I think Moore Will still hurt them in the 2018 elections.

Voters won’t soon forget how low Bannon and Twitler were willing to sink in validating that Clown. And it also showed where the gag factor is today. Apparently it’s shit that we can’t even discuss on a whooker board. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So are YOU and the reach-around crew having a major Bukakke session followed by a dingleberry picking contest over the results of this election to make up for the one THAT YOU LOST last November ? ! Or just the bukakke session ? ! What say YOU , Mr. DOTY 5 TIMES ? Guess YOU all think that this bodes well for YOU all in 2018 ? Mebbe have Carlos Danger run for Congress again ! ?
2033: Despite an early lead Moore is ahead now. Win or lose, most of the accusers will disappear now that their work is done. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
That is something i would LOVE TO see how the media ignores.. How quickly those gals accusations disappear, and so do THEY now their work has been done ruining Roy..

But you can bet they will.

But on the other hand, this bible thumping "if they are old enough to bleed, they are old enough to breed" degenerated Roy Moore wants to make me puke.
Jackie. Where ever did you get that idea from that Moore said that??
If no where, other than he's a "bible thumper", do you feel all bible thumpers are that way?

Chalk one up for the WAPO.

And watch the Dems and WaPo do the EXACT same thing to every republican in the future..

the write in votes made the difference in this race.

Alabama Senate Special
Candidate Votes.. Percent Reporting: 100%
Moore.... 650,436 48.4
Jones.... 671,151 49.9
Write-Ins. 22,819. 1.7
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

And one wonders HOW MUCH the media's attacks On moore influenced people to make those write ins..

Abortion is not killing babies....abortion is not murder, which is wtf you imply about abortions, unless of course you think Jones is for killing actual babies.

WTF< if abortion is not murder, then WHY IF I kill YOU when you are pregnant, am i guilty of TWO (or more) counts of murder, for NOT only killing you, BUT THE UNBORN baby??
WHY is killing the baby in that manner, Murder, but not abortion?
WTF< if abortion is not murder, then WHY IF I kill YOU when you are pregnant, am i guilty of TWO (or more) counts of murder, for NOT only killing you, BUT THE UNBORN baby??
WHY is killing the baby in that manner, Murder, but not abortion? Originally Posted by garhkal
I'll try and give a serious answer, despite the tendency of most guys on the political threads to hurl insults and curse one another.

if you are pregnant and killed, the assumption is you wanted to carry the baby (notice I said "baby") to term, and you were therefore deprived of what would have occurred naturally, had a crime not intervened. if YOU kill your own baby (notice I said "baby"), it is deemed to be your right to decide when or if the life inside is properly defined as a living baby, worthy of protection apart from the mother herself.

in short, liberty rules.

the Republicans have their own definition of liberty, a word they embrace when it allows the powerful to shit on the poor, aged, and vulnerable.
I'll try and give a serious answer, despite the tendency of most guys on the political threads to hurl insults and curse one another.

if you are pregnant and killed, the assumption is you wanted to carry the baby (notice I said "baby") to term, and you were therefore deprived of what would have occurred naturally, had a crime not intervened. if YOU kill your own baby (notice I said "baby"), it is deemed to be your right to decide when or if the life inside is properly defined as a living baby, worthy of protection apart from the mother herself.

in short, liberty rules.

the Republicans have their own definition of liberty, a word they embrace when it allows the powerful to shit on the poor, aged, and vulnerable. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Our society lives by a double standard. If a women can make a selfish decision to have a doctor perform an abortion which is killing a baby in the womb. People say a women has the right to do what she wishes with her body. But that same sentiment does not hold true when Dr. Kevorkian performed over a hundred assisted suicides. The patients gave their consent to Dr. Kevorkian to medically end their suffering from terminal illness. Dr. Kevorkian spent eight years in prison for assisting suicide.

Jim
It is beyond me how women’s reproductive rights dominates the rhetoric from the right.

Can’t you pick something a little more supportive of personal development?

How about...hmmmm. CLIMATE CHANGE???

Yep, there’s a likely something to get your hackles up about.

And you won’t even sound like an asshole.
Our society lives by a double standard. If a women can make a selfish decision to have a doctor perform an abortion which is killing a baby in the womb.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I do not believe the outcome of this election was about abortion.

The outcome of Jones's "re-election" may be, among other issues.
It is beyond me how women’s reproductive rights dominates the rhetoric from the right. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Are you "dominated" by men's reproductive rights?

It seems you are!
it was a very close race. lost by 1.5%. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
As pointed out, this is a state Trump won by about 28 percentage point a little over a year ago. That's a 30% swing. Incredible! I'm sure everyone will have an opinion as to why Jones won and Moore lost. Republicans will tend to say it was solely because of the accusations of sexual misconduct against Moore. Democrats will tend to say it was solely a repudiation of Trump and his policies. Probably a little of both factored into it.
So, the REAL child abuser won. Congratulations.

Assup is already rewriting history. Moore was the candidate of Alabama but not of Trump.