IF OBAMA HAD HIS WAY; THIS WOMAN (AND POSSIBLY HER CHILDREN) MAY HAVE BEEN KILLED, RAPED OR BOTH...

A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh.

The woman then shot him five times, but he survived, Chapman said. He said the woman ran out of bullets but threatened to shoot the intruder if he moved.

"She's standing over him, and she realizes she's fired all six rounds. And the guy's telling her to quit shooting," Chapman said.

The woman ran to a neighbor's home with her children. The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said.

Deputies arrested 32-year-old Atlanta resident Paul Slater in connection with the crime. Chapman said they found him on the ground saying, "Help me. I'm close to dying." Slater was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment. His condition is unclear, but Chapman said he was shot in the face and neck.

In February, Slater was arrested on simple battery charges, according to the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office. He has been arrested six other times in the county since 2008.

Kavanaugh was the first reporter at the scene as deputies investigated. The victim's husband told Kavanaugh he's proud of his wife. He was on the phone with her as the intruder broke in.

"My wife is a hero. She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do as responsible, prepared gun owner," Donnie Herman said.

He said he's thankful for his family's safety.

"Her life is saved, and her kids' life is saved, and that's all I'd like to say," Herman said.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/danield...ldren-n1479445
Obama thinks she is just another bitter American clinging to her guns and religion.....like Obama said:
"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
Obviously this family did not live in Chicago where Obama and his cohorts have made sure that this family would not be allowed to have that 38 revolver. Of course Chicago has the highest murder rate per capita of any major city as a result.
I have never seen where you cannot defend your home.have you got a thread?
Whirly, don't you think the woman should have inquired as to the intruder's intentions before she started shooting? Maybe he had the wrong house, or only wanted to steal stuff. I'm sure she could have talked him out of any violent intentions, after all, people who break into others houses are usually reasonable people. Obviously an overreaction on her part. Now this poor man will be scarred for life, just because she was allowed to have a gun. Another tragedy that could have been averted with reason and compassion. Shocking!
Yeah, but if gop had it their way the average American would not be able to buy bullets do to the ridiculously high taxes on the regular people.
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM
She shot him with a 38....not some machine gun. I know that small distinction will be lost on some. btw, anybody figured out why the NRA is not up in arms over switchblades?

Whirly your logic is about as stupid as someone saying it is the NRA's fault that a hunter shot his son.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=man+sho...&sp=-1&qs=n&sk=

What folks on the left want to do is regulate gun sales better, just like folks on the right want stricter abortion controls. No different either group. So quit running around posting stupid shit. That is for our resident Chicken Little, COG.
It has been well reported that Chicago does not allow handguns, but in point of fact many places are like that. In Albany NY for instance, one can apply for a concealed handgun carry, as my son did. However the judge that grants them is anti-gun, so it took over 2 years to actually get the permit. Chicago doesn't allow them at all, and restricts handguns by city law.

Connecticut has gun free zones where only the criminals can have guns, you cannot protect your life there nor is Connecticut willing to pay the expense to hire guards to protect anyone. Much was made out of that whole deal, with a lot of talk about gun control, including banning assault weapons. Turns out it was a lie when they reported an AR-15, because video posted showed the long weapon was a shotgun. 2 days later in San Antonio, a man walked into a cafe/movie theater place to try to shoot his girlfriend but was taken out by a woman with her handgun. Only two people were wounded and problem was solved. In the theater shooting in Aurora Colorado, there were 7 theaters within easy range of the shooter, he didn't go to the closest nor the largest theater. The shooter went to the only theater where concealed carry guns were not permitted for law abiding folks.

There are 15 states that do not have concealed carry laws and provide for protection of castle. Right now, the total number of murders in this country is approximately 2/3 of what is was during the assault weapon ban according to FBI statistics and furthermore that number has dropped every year since the assault weapon ban was allowed to lapse.

Just be thankful you don't live in Australia where 1 of every 3 citizens is a victim of a crime versus 1 in 5 for USA. Nor do we live in Japan where the violent death rates annually take the lives of around 80,000 japanese citizens.

We do have a problem with drunk driving though, an average of 28 people die every day from drunk drivers. That is like the Newton, CT massacre happening every single day. Where is the outrage?
1 - Woman defends her home and children with legal weapon. OK.

2 - IF OBAMA HAD HIS WAY; THIS WOMAN (AND POSSIBLY HER CHILDREN) MAY HAVE BEEN KILLED, RAPED OR BOTH...

Whirly, you are a fool and a liar. Please provide something that proves that Obama wanted her to be killed, raped or both ... and possibly her children.

Your rhetoric is not only incendiary, unAmerican blather, it's also quite poorly presented. I suppose the bad guy could have killed her and then raped her, but what do I know. I happen to believe the President would only have wanted her to have a free cell phone.

Fucking idiot!

Remember, more people die as a result of insect bites than Sasquatch attacks. So carry a fly swatter with you at all times.
  • WTF
  • 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM

We do have a problem with drunk driving though, an average of 28 people die every day from drunk drivers. That is like the Newton, CT massacre happening every single day. Where is the outrage? Originally Posted by ncrtt1
Learn to read and comprehend AssUpForHisGayLover....

I never said Obama "wanted her to be killed"....but that would be a likely outcome of Obama's (and the anti-gun left) polcies of gun ownership restriction............

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama would confiscate all guns if he could get away with it !

But of course with the exception of his own personal security force.

Whirly, you are a fool and a liar. Please provide something that proves that Obama wanted her to be killed, raped or both ... and possibly her children.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
BTW; Ms. Herman ran out of bullets....what if there had been multiple intruders ?

The anti-gun lefties, like Feinstein and Obama want to do away with high capacity magazines !
NRA-National Rifle Association not National Knife Association. See the difference. The question is why are all of these anti-crime and anti-violence groups not up in arms. Seems to be right up their alley.
  • b2pop
  • 01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
CuteOldGuy I hope no one breaks into your home and you just want to talk to them as to WHY????????? You will be screwed!!! I will shoot anyone who breaks in my home with my children and uses a crowbar!!!!!! and I will not pause to ask what is your intention????????????????
Don't worry about the old fart he can talk them to death.