Ukraine & Russia War Coverage

Questions I never expected to go to ECCIE for, but oddly, this seems to be the place.

Does anyone have a good site for coverage of what is happening over there from a tactical standpoint and some good war correspondence? I know during previous conflicts I typically found some sites with some good maps and updates on what is happening.

NYT has one, but there's a paywall:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...aine-maps.html

A google search got me this which is interesting as well:
https://english.elpais.com/internati...an-border.html

I'm not interested in political stuff. Just troop movements and clashes.
When you mention NYT as a source, it doesn't get any more political then the NYT.
Those are the 2 best I've seen so far, Couch.
I know some libtards will laugh and try to discount this but if you want real and accurate info, try Twitter.

Now you have to follow the right people (as there is lots of noise) but there are numerous legit sources posting accurate information as it happens. Not some filtered mainstream media spin
I know some libtards will laugh and try to discount this but if you want real and accurate info, try Twitter.

Now you have to follow the right people (as there is lots of noise) but there are numerous legit sources posting accurate information as it happens. Not some filtered mainstream media spin Originally Posted by berryberry
Alot of noise?
You don't say!
Did you find anything better to follow, Couch? Any more comprehensive maps for the engagements?
Did you find anything better to follow, Couch? Any more comprehensive maps for the engagements? Originally Posted by HDGristle
I can't say I have other the usual sources. Lots of fog of war.

Lots of interesting Tik Toks from Ukrainians, but who knows what it propaganda or not.
Same here. Thanks for responding.
Questions I never expected to go to ECCIE for, but oddly, this seems to be the place.

Does anyone have a good site for coverage of what is happening over there from a tactical standpoint and some good war correspondence? I know during previous conflicts I typically found some sites with some good maps and updates on what is happening.

NYT has one, but there's a paywall:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...aine-maps.html

A google search got me this which is interesting as well:
https://english.elpais.com/internati...an-border.html

I'm not interested in political stuff. Just troop movements and clashes. Originally Posted by suspiciouscouch
If you want to get past the paywall when you get there, just hit f12 and then go to your settings icon that little gear at the top of browser, and then disable JavaScript- hit refresh and wala! you should be able to see the documents and articles.
My hobby money for the next month or so is going to go to the people I know in Ukraine... Two people, had to travel all the way from Kyiv and Kharkiv all the way to Lviv.. nearly 800 miles. Homes utterly destroyed. Not able to evacuate to Poland because of the mandatory conscription.. it is a tragedy if there ever was one.

But from what they've sent me, a lot of the stuff on social media is true. Russian soldiers are routing (they are young, untrained, and conscripted), and most people able to fight are doing so... it is insanity.

Anyone, current or former American politicians alike, who praise Russia on this are really the scum of the Earth. There is no way to justify this act of terror. All because Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO or the EU, and they want their oil rights - which is why they took Crimea years ago.

If this isn't the start to WW3 then I don't know what else would be. I hope the EU or NATO expedite accepting Ukraine will be enough to get Putin to pull out. The only thing that can really stop him is his own people.
"Anyone, current or former American politicians alike, who praise Russia on this are really the scum of the Earth."

I wholeheartedly agree onawbtngr546.
No one is immune to propaganda.

Try telegram groups
No one is immune to propaganda.

Try telegram groups Originally Posted by Las Veritas
Ahh yes the russian twitter...

Now you have to follow the right people (as there is lots of noise) but there are numerous legit sources posting accurate information as it happens. Not some filtered mainstream media spin Originally Posted by berryberry
One thing we agree on.

Twitter! You can’t trust much in any media, but at least Twitter seems pretty real. Not sure if I believe all the plane vs gunfire video but if nothing else it’s pretty cool. To me Twitter seems slanted toward Ukraine’s defense of
Russia. Hope Twitter is right.