Is anyone going to go see this?

Certainly totally tame compared to what most of us would seek out, but it looks like fun... Is anyone else thinking about going?

The Empire Strips Back: A Burlesque Parody
Yes, it’s going to be a good time.
I saw the Suicide Girls at the Rex years ago. It was "classy" (bottoms stayed in) and fun to go with the GF. Girls were my type. Not sure if this is going to be like that.
I saw the Suicide Girls at the Rex years ago. It was "classy" (bottoms stayed in) and fun to go with the GF. Girls were my type. Not sure if this is going to be like that. Originally Posted by brian75x
My understanding is that it is similar, as far as being "classy" (e.g., topless-only - though maybe less so than a Suicide Girls show - and something you could take a GF to), but more of a coherent story/theme throughout (as opposed to just a striptease show). I assume it would be less fun for attendees who aren't Star Wars nerds (though, conveniently, I happen to be...).

My only concerns are practical, in that I saw a couple of reports online about dates being canceled at the last minute and attendees having trouble getting refunds for the canceled shows.

I don't know anything about ticket prices yet (other than "starting at $39"), but I did see some advice online to buy the cheapest tickets possible, because everyone has the same view regardless of ticket level purchased. But that might have been a quirk of the specific venue where that person attended.
It's at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater, so all the seats are not the same by any means. Though the venue is small, and there are really no bad seats. Just good seats, better seats, and really good seats. For whatever that's worth to you.