GO HORNS!!!!!

I don't have anything else to say except for that...
Oh no... With Colt hurt this isn't good.
  • xtrem
  • 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Losing 24-6 3rd qtr.. Not good
Damn, even with Cart McCoy out, this is a GAME!

And BTW, this Aggie who bleeds maroon, has a burnt-orange bandaid on to root for t.u.
Hard to believe this game. I thoroughly believed UT was outclassed and outgunned by Bama… but DAMN! This game is good!
If only.......
....... wouldn't have made a diffference.
Not too bad a performance by the good guys, considering the circumstances. So much SEC dominance in college football. If that was the best team they had to offer and Texas almost beat them while starting their freshman 2nd string QB, what does that say?
The better team won. I do wish the Longhorns would learn to actually catch passes tho....
yup, it was obvious when bama was just going through the motions.

When they wanted to move down the field, Texas could not stop them.
ender - you should take note of Yak_Man's class. Show some respect and don't make excuses. UT had their chance on the field.

As for the SEC remark, seriously? Texas wouldn't have even made it to the SEC championship game. They couldn't beat Alabama in the western division, nor could they have beaten Florida in the east.

UT lost, and I can feel your pain. They had a good team and made the most of their season, but came up short. I do admire your willingness to talk shit about the winning team, but it's kind of like shootin' spitballs at a gun fight.

Roll Tide
ender - you should take note of Yak_Man's class. Show some respect and don't make excuses. UT had their chance on the field. Originally Posted by DBaucheree
Easy there, Annie Oakley. I'm not making excuses, just stating the facts. Bama sure did win, but they weren't playing the best team Texas could field. Sorry, but its true. And I don't have to show respect if I don't think someone (or some team) hasn't earned it. If they'd have beaten Texas when they were giving them their best shot, I'd have nothing but compliments for the Tide.

I'm a FAN, taken from the word FANATIC. I don't have to be rational or make sense, dammit.
first pick in the 2013 nfl draft.... garret gilbert. That kid is going to be a great qb.
I would argue that you had your best team on the field. McCoy got hurt - that's football. Were we supposed to let Daddy wipe away his tears and wait for his shoulder to heal before finishing the game? Bama had two key players on defense lost for the season due to injury, but the season went on.

UT is it's own worst enemy. Instead of running up the score and meaningless stats on weak teams, Gilbert should have been getting some real playing time. Neither Richardson (#3) nor Dareus (#57) were starters but they played a lot early in the season. The Horns couldn't stop either one when we needed them.

I understand all about being a fan. I'll be there for the A-Day game (spring scrimmage) along with 90,000 other fanatics. You're invited.
Gilbert looked good last night. He was shaky at first, but found a groove. The receivers played bad for Texas. Shipley had a good night, but the rest were dropping passes right to them. The defense let Alabama run right through them, and it wasn't only Ingram. The only time I saw were, without a doubt, Cart McCoy would have made the difference was when Gilbert got sacked and fumbled in the 4th. An experienced QB should have noticed the blitz. It was 21-24 at that point, so who knows what may have been. It is what it is, and Texas lost.