You can buy SVB

The auction will be Friday for SVB private bank.

In a related matter Treasury Secretary Yellon said Wednesday the government is not considering insuring all uninsured bank deposits.

But they did for SVB.
How many Quatloos?
They are going all in on SVB because they need to bail out all of their white, liberal, democrat contributors.
Not exactly
How many Quatloos? Originally Posted by Precious_b

BAAHHHAAAAAA

Not exactly Originally Posted by VitaMan

if you say so

Silicon Valley Bank Bailout Is a Disgraceful Political Payoff | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/silicon-val...pinion-1787801

Democrats Face a Terrible Reckoning on Bank Bailouts

Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and a phalanx of senators are way too cozy with finance capital.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...bank-bailouts/
It was an effort to stop contagion. If you can't see that, there is nothing more to say.
It was an effort to stop contagion. If you can't see that, there is nothing more to say. Originally Posted by VitaMan

there's plenty more to say. if you won't i will. who's contagion? rich fatcat private investors? big investment firms? that's your contagion, not joe and jane doe who don't have over 250k to invest to begin with. so who did that bailout to stop "contagion" really help again??

both SVB and Signature Bank got way too deep in a volatile investment, crypto. both suffered because of Sammy-Bank-Fraud's FTX downfall. they had other mismanagement issues too, like the fact that SVB had no chief risk officer for 8 months prior to going south? interesting isn't that?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...or-fed-lawyers

SVB’s Lack of Risk Officer Emerges as Focus in Fed Probe

both SVB and Signature are considered private banks. their downfall as TC has pointed out is mostly the spike in interest rates making their long term bond investments underwater. no big deal if you can hold them but hard to quickly liquidate. especially when your fatcat private investors and a bunch of Wall Street types suddenly demand their money.

so tell us again why the contagion had to be stopped?
So the run on bank deposits would not spread to the entire banking system and the economy collapse

If you don't understand that, you understand very little
So the run on bank deposits would not spread to the entire banking system and the economy collapse

If you don't understand that, you understand very little Originally Posted by VitaMan

No. you fail to realize SVB and Signature are private banks. how many times do i need to repeat that? they are a very small part of the overall banking system with a very narrow clientele that does not pose any threat to the commercial banking system.
Way, way off here TWK

No use to even discuss it further

When you are in charge and responsible for the banking system, you can do what you think is best
Way, way off here TWK

No use to even discuss it further

When you are in charge and responsible for the banking system, you can do what you think is best Originally Posted by VitaMan

then don't. you don't own this thread, eccie does.

still waiting for you to refute anything i posted. if you can.
The old "disprove what I say" technique.

So old. So worthless. Play the game.

Disprove contagion was not stopped or slowed.

Disprove contagion was not stopped or slowed. Originally Posted by VitaMan

if you say so

Disprove contagion was not stopped or slowed. Originally Posted by VitaMan

prove a bailout of a private bank in a niche market was needed.

Go!
Move along Waco

The old "disprove" move is used up.

Prove you are not a communist.