Cain is Flovor of the Month

http://news.yahoo.com/cain-leads-rep...003958398.html

This is great!! Watch the establishment Republicans start shitting kittens if this persists. And watch the good 'ol boy Southern Republicans start to panic. I love this. I think I'll send him a contribution.
What have you got against a black candidate? I'm not a Cain fan, but it's because he's an insider, not because of his color. Grow up, this is 2011.
God, you are an asshole. I don't like Republicans, but assuming Cain will be vilified solely because of his color only shows your own latent racism, and elitism. You're not that fucking rich. It's attitudes like yours that keep African Americans on the plantation. God forbid one would start thinking for him/herself. What the hell do they think? That they have a soul? Go to hell racist bastard.
could the polls be indicating a nod toward a possible election of a real black man as opposed to Obama who's bi-racial? guilt or buyers remorse maybe?
What have you got against a black candidate? I'm not a Cain fan, but it's because he's an insider, not because of his color. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
He is doesn't agree with Herman Cain. Herman Cain is black. Therefore TTH is a racists.
He is doesn't agree with Herman Cain. Herman Cain is black. Therefore TTH is a racists. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh on Col. TTH. His smug, elitist attitude really pushes my buttons. I am here for fun, and he is not fun. I enjoy the back and forth with the rest of you on here, but this guy can really push my buttons. It would take too long to correct all of his errors in thinking, and it would be as productive as teaching a pig to sing.

Carry on TTH, enjoy your thread.
Well, Obama might be what we would call "black" despite his mother but he is NOT an Afro-American. How can I say that you ask? Would a man of color who was raised in England by his father the ambassador, who went to Oxford, and moved to the United States be an Afro-American? I don't think so because MLK told us that we should be judged not by our color but by our character. Being "black" does not make you an Afro-American.
What is an Afro-American? According to such experts as Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Maxine Waters, Whoopi Goldberg, et. al. an Afro-American is born into a racist country. They are usually born poor and stay poor throughout their childhood. Their skin color sets them apart from their peers and normal society. Their father, if he is present, is a habitually unemployed, blue color worker. An AA gets a sub average education which limits which college he or she can get into (if they can get into college). An AA will have a difficult time finding any good work and their future will be limited by societies racism. So how does Barry stack up? Lived with his mother and her parents in Hawaii where his skin tone would be the norm and not the exception. Though not rich, his grandparents were middleclass. His mother married a well off businessman from Indonesia where Barry went to live. Once again his skin tone carried no special significance. He went to a private Muslim school. After Barry returned to Hawaii, Barry went to a private high school where got the same education that businessmen's children got. After leaving school Barry go into Columbia University. A very prestigous, Ivy league school though we don't know how he paid for it. He had a job lined up in Chicago after leaving school. He wasn't rich but he made good money as a community organizer. Somehow he got into Harvard Law School. Not bad for upward mobility. We don't know how he paid for it and we have only his word that it happened but there you go. After law school, Barry became a state senator, and then a US Senator. His wife pulled down a couple of hundred thousand a year at her new job.

I would say that Barry is not an authenic Afro-American. He only lay claim that his father deserted him. Everything else has been almost scripted for success.

Cain is authenic.
Barleycorn/John Galt you have shown your racist ass for many posts now.

Don't try to run and hide behind your tea baggerz snot drivel and alibi out of it either. You are true scum.
I am here for fun, and he is not fun. I enjoy the back and forth with the rest of you on here, but this guy can really push my buttons. It would take too long to correct all of his errors in thinking, and it would be as productive as teaching a pig to sing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I know what you mean.

I've tried to correct a few of his errors and misunderstandings, but to no avail. He's got his mind made up and isn't interested in being confused by any facts, or learning anything about economic history.

COG, you might enjoy glancing through this recent thread from the Dallas sandbox:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=269268

It's long (109 posts) but a couple of people got pretty deep in the weeds during a discussion on economics. It happens time and time again. When you are shellacking TTH in a debate and he realizes that everybody knows it, he simply lashes out by saying that a couple of his favorite left-wing economists are smarter than you are. I challenged him to attempt to craft a cogent, reasoned argument rather than simply quote blogs and articles written by others. Apparently he is incapable of doing so.

One time, after I pointed out to him that the article he linked completely failed to bolster the case he was trying to make, and in fact in part countered it, he responded by claiming that Joe Stiglitz is "far brighter" than I.

How in the world someone this incapable of intelligent debate on a subject in which he apparently has some level of interest could possibly argue effectively before a jury is a mystery to me!

COG, I don't know whether this would work for you, but I decided just to try to let myself be amused by people like this.

And what's up with all these race-related obsessions with Herman Cain? I thought progressives would be the first to be pleased when we showed as a nation in 2008 that we'd moved beyond such nonsense.
Cap'n, I will try either being amused or ignoring him. I have a hell of a lot of fun with Catnip, WTF, and the other liberals on here, as well as the more enlightened, such as yourself.

And Catnip, I don't know if JD is Galt or not, but there wasn't anything racist in his post, he was simply comparing Obama's "black" experience to what others have endured.

I do have a problem with the term "African American". A few years ago, a young African applied for a scholarship available only to Americans of African heritage. He won the scholarship. When he showed up to school they took it away from him. Apparently a white South African doesn't qualify as an African American.
  • Doove
  • 10-13-2011, 08:51 PM
COG, you might enjoy glancing through this recent thread from the Dallas sandbox:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=269268 Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Thanks for pointing out that thread. After reading it....

I challenged him to attempt to craft a cogent, reasoned argument rather than simply quote blogs and articles written by others. Apparently he is incapable of doing so.
....i've come to the conclusion that the only arguments you consider cogent and well reasoned are arguments that agree with you. Anything else is, without fail, labeled as ridiculous and boneheaded liberal lunacy espoused by left wing loons and their sycophant hacks who rely on nothing less than phony analysis.

Oh, and you never fail to claim, after all that, that TTH and I are shrill.

One time, after I pointed out blah blah blah
This one time, at band camp....

he responded by claiming that Joe Stiglitz is "far brighter" than I.
So? First, he probably is. Secondly, so too are Krugman and Romer. Which isn't to say they're right and you're wrong. But it is meant to say that they are no more ideological loons than you are.

All your huffing and puffing about how smart you are aside, and you are very smart, your arguments boil down to little more than "my smart people (in your case, usually meaning you) is/are smarter than your smart people, who are nothing but left wing hack-a-loons."

I'm not impressed.

How in the world someone this incapable of intelligent debate on a subject in which he apparently has some level of interest could possibly argue effectively before a jury is a mystery to me!
Thankfully, juries typically have open minds.

COG, I don't know whether this would work for you, but I decided just to try to let myself be amused by people like this.
This we can agree on....it works.
....i've come to the conclusion that the only arguments you consider cogent and well reasoned are arguments that agree with you. Anything else is, without fail, labeled as ridiculous and boneheaded liberal lunacy espoused by left wing loons and their sycophant hacks who rely on nothing less than phony analysis. Originally Posted by Doove
It's a little hard to come to a conclusion that your argument is cogent and well-reasoned if it's non-existent -- by that, I mean that if all you can do is make snide remarks and insult someone, along with posting a link to an article or blog by someone with whom you agree. That seems to be TTH's style. He has a history of attacking me with gratuitous insults. I don't really care; let him go for it. Same for you. I simply consider the source.

Oh, and you never fail to claim, after all that, that TTH and I are shrill. Originally Posted by Doove
Remember, I'm not the one who started hurling cheap insults. You two were. I'm happy enough to have a vigorous, spirited debate without lashing out by claiming that someone I agree with is smarter than the person with whom I'm discussing an issue. Did I state anywhere that Barro, or for that matter anyone else, is brighter than you are?

So? First, he probably is. Secondly, so too are Krugman and Romer.... Originally Posted by Doove
At the risk of sounding insufferably arrogant (which you obviously already think I am) I doubt that very seriously. It's just another of your TTH-style cheap shots. You have no idea what my IQ is, and no knowledge of any standard by which to judge it based on my internet posts.

Thankfully, juries typically have open minds. Originally Posted by Doove
...and more importantly, can be carefully selected by attorneys who can peremptorily strike those who may have unusually high levels of intelligence, education, income, or any other quality suggesting that they may not be easily capable of being bamboozled by bullshit.

Remember what I said in that other thread? I've debated smart liberals on a number of occasions, and we've often enjoyed spirited debates. But smart liberals can debate an issue without seeming to have a compulsive need to make silly claims that some favorite economist on the left is smarter than I am. This is really amazing. You and TTH are real pieces of work.

Don't you realize how ridiculous you look when the discussion comes to a point where all you can do is claim that someone with some esteemed position somewhere is smarter than somebody else is?

This reminds me of debates where somebody starts invoking Nazi comparisons.

When you do something like that, everybody realizes that you're losing the argument.
God, you are an asshole. I don't like Republicans, but assuming Cain will be vilified solely because of his color only shows your own latent racism, and elitism. You're not that fucking rich. It's attitudes like yours that keep African Americans on the plantation. God forbid one would start thinking for him/herself. What the hell do they think? That they have a soul? Go to hell racist bastard. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It's not me that's going to have the problem. It's the Republican primary electorate. They're the ones who are racists. Why do you think that so many good ol boys in the South are Republican. It's not because of low taxes on their long term capital gains. They're David Duke Republicans. You forget, I live in a part of Texas that is much more a part of the old South than the central parts of the State.

If you don't believe me, you watch the typical party apparatchik types in the Republican Party and see what they do.

As for me, if your supposition were correct, you would have thought that I would have supported HRC over Obama in the primary. I did not. I was for Obama over Clinton. I'm just making observations on the Republicans.
Cap'n, I will try either being amused or ignoring him. I have a hell of a lot of fun with Catnip, WTF, and the other liberals on here, as well as the more enlightened, such as yourself. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, nobody likes it when the liberals fight back, do they??