Las Vegas Republican Debate 10-18-2011

I honestly have to say that after the Perry and Romney childish antics that the real winner of this debate was Obama.
I read that the Republicans finally tumbled to the fact that Cain's plan would raise taxes on everybody but the really well off and attacked him for that. Apparently they used the 84% or taxpayers would pay more under 999 figures from the Center for Tax Justice.

Nothing in the accounts I've read yet on how Cain handled being in the cross fire for the first time. Any thoughts on that?
Cain did so-so wasn't horrible wasn't great he held his ground.
  • MrGiz
  • 10-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Agreed... Cain started off in the "999 cross-hairs".... but Perry wound up being the most "Burnt Toast".... his silly shit with Romney's gardners was embarrassing!

Call Ron Paul a kook if you like.... but I love the guy!!
He is absolutely, THE MOST HONEST of the bunch!!

When is the last time the public doubted any word that came from a politician's mouth, wasn't PURE BULLSHIT?

Romney is pretty well polished.

Call me whatever you want.... but I think Gingrich is probably the most (qualified-experienced-educated-realistic) of the Republican Bunch.

Where does all of that leave me as far as "MY Candidate"?

.... as if the Republican Candidate List has ever impressed me! * And all he promotes..... is the
Agreed... Cain started off in the "999 cross-hairs".... but Perry wound up being the most "Burnt Toast".... his silly shit with Romney's gardners was embarrassing!

Call Ron Paul a kook if you like.... but I love the guy!!
He is absolutely, THE MOST HONEST of the bunch!!

When is the last time the public doubted any word that came from a politician's mouth, wasn't PURE BULLSHIT?

Romney is pretty well polished.

Call me whatever you want.... but I think Gingrich is probably the most (qualified-experienced-educated-realistic) of the Republican Bunch.

Where does all of that leave me as far as "MY Candidate"?

.... as if the Republican Candidate List has ever impressed me! * And all he promotes..... is the Originally Posted by MrGiz
I agree- Romney would make a good salesman- but he just reminds me of a slick talker- Perry seems to be getting worst and worst each debate. Gingrich has some solid answers but his track record in his personal lfe will haunt him.
People who tell the truth never fare well in elections.
Gingrich should be a top advisor to whoever gets the nomination. I love Ron Paul, but he is looking old. Santorum is an idiot, but that is not news to anyone. Cain still does not understand his program. There were easy answers to shut down the criticism, but he blew it.

The winner among the Republicans is easy. Huntsman. He wasn't there. Otherwise, it was a solid win for Obama.
People who tell the truth never fare well in elections. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Amen brother
Which is why we need to quit selecting candidates who are "electable." The electable ones are the more proficient liars.
Which is why we need to quit selecting candidates who are "electable." The electable ones are the more proficient liars. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
you and TTH are correct- the honest guys who tell the truth never get elected.
The next debate is 1 month away- do any of you guys see any of them dropping out?
Santorum should save his money and quit wasting our time, and see if he can find any dignity left.

I once thought Perry was a shoo-in, but he is going nowhere.

I hate to say it, but it is clear this campaign is taking its toll on Ron Paul. I know he's in great shape, but he is still 80. I'd like to see him drop out and endorse Gary Johnson.

I really think the remaining viable contenders are Romney, Cain and Huntsman, but I think Gary Johnson could have a wider appeal than Ron Paul, so he could jump up there if Paul dropped out and endorsed him.

Gingrich needs to be a senior advisor to whoever is elected.
I wonder what happend to Huntsman? I thought Ron Paul won the debate hands down. It was east to see that he's the candidate that's not bought and paid for. The antics of Perry and Romney was childish, Romney was trying to establish his dominance over Perry and for a minute I thought Perry was going to smack Romney
Now that might have won my vote, if Perry had punched Romney. Of course Ron Paul won the debate, he always does. But he has to work three times as hard to get any recognition, and I think it is taking a toll on him.
Maybe take a swing at Santorum, too.
Yeah definitely Santorum, son of a billionaire and he totally fits the bill of a spoiled rich kid born into privlege. Did Huntsman take the night off or did he drop out of the race? By the way COG Ron Paul is 76. I don't care if he's 76, that says a lot about his character that he's throwing his hat in the ring at that age! He has to put up with a lot of shit and a corporate whore media that totally works against him but he's still pushing on. I got a lot of respect for him, more so than the other candidates. Most people at that age are so old they can't even function properly. I've seen people in their 60's in a whole lot worse shape. Overall he looks healthy to be able to keep up the fast-lane lifestyle of a presidential election. There's no quit in him and I believe he said this is will be his last time at the presidency.