The Success Of Political Brainwashing

The Success Of Political Brainwashing

By Alicia Colon

If you ask a young person what used to be so unique about Ivory Soap they may not know what was once its greatest selling point because it's no longer marketed that way. It was the only soap that could float because it was 99 and 44/100 pure that is until the manufacturer Proctor and Gamble added glycerin and other softening additives to compete with other brands and now the new Ivory sinks. That's a shame.
I thought of comparing the old Ivory soap - which by the way can still be purchased at .99c and other discount vendors - to the Republican Party which no longer markets its greatest selling point - that it is the party of civil rights. It is a mystery how the history of civil rights has been so distorted by a collaborative liberal media and an even greater mystery why there hasn't been a concerted effort by the GOP to set the record straight.
Herman Cain, a poll rising presidential candidate made a statement that blacks have been brainwashed by the Democrat party and this stirred up quite a hornet's nest at MSNBC and its brainwashed and historically illiterate anchor Al Sharpton.
Criticizing Cain on MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell's Last Word program, Al Sharpton said, "What Cain does not have the right is to rewrite history by saying that blacks were brainwashed by becoming Democrats. We went with a party that stood up for the Civil Rights Act of '64 and Voting Right Act of '65."
The two other African American guests on the program were similarly ignorant of the historical facts and asserted that the Democrat party was the party that had the best interests of minorities and that is why blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat. It was unlikely that O'Donnell would delve the truth because he can't handle the truth or perhaps he's deliberately hiding it.
Hitler's propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels said, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
The truth that Al Sharpton and other black demagogues wish to suppress is that the Civil Rights Act of '64 and the Voting Right Act of '65 would never have passed were it not for the overwhelming support of the Republicans. It was Democrats who tried to prevent the passages of these bills. Al Gore Sr. voted against the '64 bill as did ex-KKK member Robert Byrd who reigned forever in the Senate.
The GOP ended a Democrat filibuster preventing a Senate vote and in the final vote, 82 percent of Republicans voted yes versus 69 percent of Democrats.
Whenever the race baiters try to throw the words Jim Crow laws and Bull Connor around, they cleverly omit the fact that the laws were enacted by Democrats and that Connor and the other segregation leaders were all Democrats.
The co-opting of the GOP civil rights legacy began with JFK aiding Martin Luther King. While still in Congress, JFK voted against Eisenhower's 1957 Civil Rights Act. The myth began in the 1960 presidential campaign when MLK was arrested and JFK wisely called his wife Coretta to sympathize and offer his help. Nixon's press secretary did not want him involved and blocked all calls about the situation. Martin Luther King Sr. left the Republican Party to vote for JFK even though he had originally expressed misgivings about voting for a Catholic. Yet after becoming president, his brother Attorney General Robert Kennedy ordered the FBI to tape MLK and those infamous tapes continue to tarnish MLK's memory.
So what is the Democrat Party doing for the black community since - besides fostering dependence on government checks? The poorest cities in America are controlled by elected Democrats. Detroit which is usually on that list is now making a turnaround since it elected a Republican governor, Rick Snyder, in 2010.
Besides Herman Cain, there are many, many blacks who know the truth about the Democrat Party. They are being vilified as Uncle Toms and Aunt Jemimas because they are not toeing the liberal line and the brainwashed, Kool-Aid drinking celebrities do the bidding of their own puppet masters without realizing that they are the real pawns.
Unfunny comedienne, Janeane Garafalo, accused Herman Cain of being a tool for the Tea Party so that it would no longer be viewed as racist. Poor Ms. Garafolo doesn't even realize that by asserting that Cain can't think for himself or make his own decisions, she is the true racist who views all blacks as mindless dolts.
Whenever liberals have no way to refute conservative arguments, they resort to the race card but recent rhetoric is beyond sanity. MSNBC's Ed Schultz has either lost his mind or thinks his viewers are brain dead as well. He accused Sen. DeMint (R-SC) of using racist language when he said, "If we are able to stop Obama on this [health care law], it will be his Waterloo. It will break him."
Schultz then said, "break" is an "old southern racist term" applied, in this instance, to "talking about defeating President Obama during the health care debate." Wow, I'm married to an old Southern who never heard that expression.
Most recently, the leftwing media are accusing Republicans of boosting Herman Cain to offset our bigotry in 2008 when Barack Obama was campaigning. What these dense minded liberals just don't get is that we are a color blind party who judge people on the content of their character not the color of their skin - sound familiar?
In 2008, Republicans wanted Condoleezza Rice to run but she refused. Our favorite columnist is Thomas Sowell. We opposed Barack Obama because he was unqualified with little experience and had dangerous Marxist associations. Democrats picked him only because he is black and as Joe Biden once described him, "articulate, bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." He spoke as if this was a rarity and instead of being outraged by this remark, the media swooned over Obama in agreement with what Biden said, "that's a story-book, man." Who are the real racists - the party that founded the KKK or the party who freed the slaves?
Republicans are more discriminating and we want our candidates to have substance. Herman Cain is a godsend for the Republican Party and is doing the truth-telling job that the GOP should have done decades ago. He is unraveling the lies that have cloaked the inherent bigotry of the politicians who run the plantation of government handouts. Herman Cain has never been a token as Bill Maher has declared. He is supremely qualified and Republicans are fortunate to have him as a candidate.
This looks like a Marshallesque post........just saying.......btw; I am NOT saying DaliLama is Marshall resurrected !!!!!!!
Yep, and another black tries to run for freedom, and the Democrats go nuts. God forbid an African-American think for himself. Kind of reminds me of the old laws against educating them.
Yep, and another black tries to run for freedom, and the Democrats go nuts. God forbid an African-American think for himself. Kind of reminds me of the old laws against educating them. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I don't think that was the case- Collin Powell is a lifelong Republican and he is very well respected in the African American community so is Condoleeza Rice who also is a Republican, Herman Cain is a different story- I don't find him too brilliant he's no Alan Keyes for sure.
Alan Keyes? Brilliant? Not hardly. Neither is Cain, but Powell holds the liberal line like a good (deleted to avoid points), and Condy Rice wasn't well liked among Dems when she was in office, and has since seemed to wander back into the liberal fold.

They hate Clarence Thomas, too. Another one who left the liberal plantation. An African-American cannot veer too far away from the liberal line, and be considered legitimate.

I have a crazy idea. Why don't we ignore what people are supposed to think based on their skin color, and evaluate each one for their character and ideas? Regardless of color. It might be fun!
COG;

You know Cain is bought and paid for by the KOCH brothers in your home town. Clarence Thomas is also.

Shame on you!
Source? The name George Soros ring a bell?

And I don't support Cain. I just think this racist bullshit is ridiculous.

I doubt if Clarence Thomas has ever even met the Koch brothers.

Oh, and Wichita isn't my home town. I just live here now.
Absurd. It's just like the rest of the silly shit the Republicans try to sell. You won't pay more taxes under 999 (true if your rich), there's no such thing as global warming (ignore the 95% of serious climatologists who disagree, Rush Limbaugh and the fossil fuel robber barons know better), Saddam Hussein has WMD, Mission Accomplished and on and on and on.

Up is down, black is white, blah blah blah. Now, the dems are the racists and the Republicans can be righteously indignant. Utter complete horseshit. And all because Herman Cain is one of the 6 black people stupid enough to join a party that has disenfranchised and ignored them for 150 years.

By the way, take a look at what happened to all the southern democrats and the southern states who opposed the civil rights act of 1964. They became Republicans.
Up is down, black is white, blah blah blah. Now, the dems are the racists and the Republicans can be righteously indignant. Utter complete horseshit. And all because Herman Cain is one of the 6 black people stupid enough to join a party that has disenfranchised and ignored them for 150 years. Originally Posted by timpage
Seriously? Where did you go to school . . . You don't remember Lincoln? And it was the Democrats who wrote the Jim Crow laws following the Civil War and enforced them until the 60s.
Tim, how's the kool aid?
Source? The name George Soros ring a bell?

And I don't support Cain. I just think this racist bullshit is ridiculous.

I doubt if Clarence Thomas has ever even met the Koch brothers.

Oh, and Wichita isn't my home town. I just live here now. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I dunno if he's met them....but he definitely goes to their parties!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/15/us...er=rss&emc=rss
Why do we need "brilliance"? Everyone seems so enamored with our Ivy League presidents and leaders. It seems the last good one we had graduated from Eureka College. I don't want any more Ivy Leaguers. They have high minded ideals but not much (if any like the current occupant) practical experience in management of any organization. I am not a Perry fan but maybe a C student from A&M would be a better alternative. Just a thought the next time someone starts going on about "brilliance".
Seriously? Where did you go to school . . . You don't remember Lincoln? And it was the Democrats who wrote the Jim Crow laws following the Civil War and enforced them until the 60s. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
College, graduate or law?

The argument that the Republicans have the best interests of African-Americans at heart, that they support or promulgate policies that are beneficial to African-Americans is absurd. They don't, they never have and they never will.
College, graduate or law?

The argument that the Republicans have the best interests of African-Americans at heart, that they support or promulgate policies that are beneficial to African-Americans is absurd. They don't, they never have and they never will. Originally Posted by timpage
Your statement remains blatantly wrong. The 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments were written and passed by Republican dominated congresses. Those Amendments are the foundation for every subsequent civil rights victory.