Server Migration Tomorrow Afternoon

• TBONE
  • 01-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Finally our new server is ready to move into. (applause)

Should start at around 2pm Saturday, and I expect it will take an hour or so to get moved in.

We will be bringing the site down for this. It should be a small, brief interruption in the fun, and then we can get back to normal speeds. I guess because of DNS propagation and all, some users may not be able to access the site for up to 72 hours, but those chances are minimal and I don't expect that to happen.

As they say, under-promise, and over-deliver!

Bear with us, and thanks for your patience through this frustrating past couple of days.
Keep up the good work man and even if the site endures downtime it should be worth it to get the new server into play
  • w900l
  • 01-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks Tbone I can endure the hour or so down time, I'll be glad to get back to the fast response time. Happy New Year to you and yours
TBONE,

A beautiful, happy day for all of us! I think this site is terrific and I can only imagine that you all are overwhelmed with an influx of ASPD members swimming to your island. I am thrilled by what you have stated and agree that a quicker response time and the webpage download speed will encourage thousands and tens of thousands to swim here much quicker! ASPDs total membership was around 160,000. I think that each day, you all are overwhelmed with 500-700 new daily memberships? I know this because I measured the daily number of registrants jumb from 1980 - 2800 in two days. Multiply that by 365 days in one given year. Looks like you are on your way!

Well done!

Angelina
good to get back on this board! NEED the new server!
That's great news!!!
You guys rock, TBone!
Thanks for your support!
Yeah baby! New server, quicker response times and my hobby fun continues full force.

Thanks T-bone and Becky for making this happen!
TBONE,

A beautiful, happy day for all of us! I think this site is terrific and I can only imagine that you all are overwhelmed with an influx of ASPD members swimming to your island.
Well done!

Angelina Originally Posted by Angelina Adams
I feel the same way Angelina.
Having ECCIE to turn to, I don't feel lost at all.
THANK YOU!!!
  • GP
  • 01-02-2010, 10:56 PM
So is this the new server. It seems a lot faster I think.
Nice job folks, so far so good, very speedy.
Site is running at light speed.
~Very nice~

Thank You!
Oh that's much better! Thanks for all the hard work!
I feel the same way Angelina.
Having ECCIE to turn to, I don't feel lost at all.
THANK YOU!!!
Originally Posted by PurplRose
PurplRose:

You said it! I am not missing ASPD at all! Now that this website is running at the speed of light, it is encouraging me to want to participate more. I also don't feel lost. The ladies now have a place to post ads and alerts.

Again, well done!

Angelina
Very quick and smooth now....much much better